Looking to Buy/Lease a truck? Stay AWAY FROM WHOLESALE TRUCK AND FINANCE!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by nt33197, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Smoogie76

Smoogie76 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Went to this so called business drove 19 hours one way and learned the hard way that they are very shady people. We looked at a 2016 Kenworth T680 had our personal mechanic check the truck out. Everything was great no lights on no deletion detected on the computer, he checked it out completely and test drove it. So we gave them their down payment money waited for it to clear when it did we came back the next morning to pick the truck up and bring it home and they are removing parts from underneath the truck. Ask them what they are doing they say they are improving the trucks ac performance. Mind you they are under the truck towards the back and my mechanic had already checked this truck the ac was fine no issues. Brought my mechanic back to check and see what they had done and he starts the truck revs it twice and every single light comes on, check engine, air pressure lights, etc. The mechanic checks the truck again and tells us what they removed and that the truck is not the same truck he checked the day before. These people were going to let us drive away with a truck they stripped of parts the night and morning before we arrived to take it home. Who does that? These trucks are our lives and when the money and contracts are signed they have no business touching the truck. They are crooks and had we not arrived when we did we could of gotten a really screwed. They don't care about their customer they care about the money and as soon as they have it they will screw you over in a minute. Northshore Pay-less Truckers located at 15138 Mills Rd, Gulfport, MS and also at Kellogg St, Sauier, MS. Stay away from them. They talk a great deal which is your first inclination that the deal is bad. They will use and abuse you. Please don't fall for the great programs they have its not worth it, they will rob you every chance they get.

nikmirbre and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Weavertrucker

Weavertrucker Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2021
    Whom want do class action lawsuit against WTF

Tama Mai Hawaii Nei Thanks this.
  3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    He joins the forum and his only post is who wants to join his lawsuit.

Did the dealer twist your arm to buy it?

Like everything in life. BUYER BEWARE.

If you bought a lemon. Take it as a poor judgment call for not doing due diligence in inspecting before buying.

4. Tony Nelson

Tony Nelson Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2021

5. Wyoming Jim

Wyoming Jim Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    What you say is more than likely the truth David. My experience with your company is bittersweet. I contacted a gentleman with MHC Kenworth in Memphis and we worked out a deal. he was able to get financing arranged with WTF. I also was able to pick my truck up at the MHC facility in Cheyenne, about 100 miles from my home. Everything was going alright until the clean-air garbage began giving me difficulties and causing me downtime. After a while the consistant downtime (through no fault of WTF) caused me to be late with payments. But I would call Mary at WTF and she would either delay the payment or move it to the back of the loan. Finally, my truck was backed into at a truckstop in SLC. The reefer puke backed into the right side of my truck, and me with an oversize load on...Highly visible. That load would have caught my latest late payment up. What happened was WTF had to put a hold captive order on my truck, and that moron basically helped put me out of business.
    I cannot, in good conscience, hold Wholesale Truck and Finance responsible for mechanical failures that helped make me late with payments, no with the joker who messed my truck up. I can only assume that the folks who have posted the complaints that they have, either are newbies in the industry or would ##### even if they were given a new rope to hang themselves with.
    Thank you David, for taking a chance with me. I truly wish it would have worked out, but, such is life. Keep on fighting the good fight. i would, if my word meant anything at all, wholeheartedly endorse Wholesale Truck and Finance to anyone wishing to buy or lease a truck.

Sincerely,

Jim Estabrook
    Estabrook Trucking, llc

6. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Sorry to hear about your situation Jim. Thanks for posting though. It is a really good lesson for anybody thinking of going the O/I route. Starting out underfunded can put you out of business before you can build a solid foundation. I would think that anyone should have at least 50 grand in liquid assets and an available credit line of 25K minimum. There is a reason that I am a Company Driver. I have no desire to take on that type of risk. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Wyoming Jim Thanks this.
  7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
  8. Wyoming Jim

Wyoming Jim Bobtail Member

Jun 23, 2013
    Got what you meant. Take care.

Dockbumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.