Looking to get into a lease purchase with US Xpress good/bad idea

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Mikey32142, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Joon

Joon Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Thanks I have orientation Monday but I’m thinking about this privately owned company

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jjohnson1891

Jjohnson1891 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2018
    Are you still will us xpress? How is it going?

4. southbaydude

southbaydude Bobtail Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Ephrata,Pa.
    Lease purchase is a bad Idea. Bascially you're paying their insurance, truck note fuel, permits..etc,etc.... I did some research cause I thought about doing it myself. Basically 85% of drivers who do the lease purchase program fail.
    Before you decide to go ahead and do this. Ask yourself and the company. How many miles do you have to drive just to break even. Chances are you won't get a clear answer so it's best to get your calculator out and figure it out yourself....

5. goldentrucker252

goldentrucker252 Bobtail Member

Aug 22, 2018
    I go for orientation this Tuesday for the L/P with usx. With the new L/P program its a walk away type thing where if it isn't a good fix for you, you can simply walk away from it and go right back into being a company driver for them. Its a win-win type situation really. If you don't like it you simply walk away with out any issues or if you like it and are successful at it, you own the truck in 4 years. If you do the L/P look into creating your own LLC with it for tax purposes. Remember, you are leasing a truck from a company and will be hauling their freight. You will pay the expenses (I.e. fuel, repairs, etc.) Tolls and insurance are included in your weekly payments. My Dad just started this program and he made $15,550 his first week! After his payments were deducted and his expenses for the truck were paid he brought home $8,000 for one week. Also keep in mind that you are responsible for paying your own taxes to Uncle Sam. Usx will not deduct taxes from your pay...remember, you are a business owner when you are a Lease Operator!

6. stumptown

stumptown Bobtail Member

May 10, 2014
    Nashville
    Brb, going to make some popcorn...

7. Mikey32142

Mikey32142 Bobtail Member

Oct 4, 2017
    Your dad just started with the US Xpress Lease programmaking that much?

8. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    They advertise 1.00 to 2.00 dollars a mile. Even if he was hitting 2.00 every load and it was drop and hook and got 4300 miles in ( approx 66hrs @65mph average) drive time and add in On Duty Not Driving time your at about 70hrs.
    So 8600.00 gross on a nearly perfect week.
    So I hope you have some of them tall boots on cause it's pretty deep in here, lol

drvrtech77 and Justrucking2 Thank this.
  9. Mikey32142

Oct 4, 2017
    Ya I was thinking something smelled a little fishy.

Would you recommend another leasing program?

10. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    No!

11. Mikey32142

Oct 4, 2017
    I guess I set myself up for that one huh

driverdriver Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.