Looking to get into flatbedding and then learn heavy haul

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by H827OUT, Mar 25, 2019.

1. H827OUT

H827OUT Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hello to everyone. I wanted to say thanks again for all the good advice I got here back in March.
    I wound up applying to White Mountain Trucking in Phoenix AZ in April. I've been with them since then. It's been a good ride with them. I've learned a lot. But I still have a lot more to learn.
    As STWIK said in his post, White Mountain runs a lot of west coast freight. I'm usually in AZ, NV, UT and CA with an occasional run to OR, WA, NM and TX. We haul building materials, mostly rebar out of CMC and NUCOR. We also haul other building materials, usually on our backhauls like lumber, stone, coils, sand, charged carbon and a few other items I'm forgetting. Dispatch is able to get us home every weekend if we want it, or we can stay out for as long as we like. I live in Las Vegas NV so I'm usually taking a CMC rebar north to UT or Nor Cal to get me back home.
    Equipment here is really good. Many new 2020 KW T 680's. I got a new truck, I couldn't believe it. Some of the more senior drivers get the Pete 379/389's and KW 900's. Fleet is a mix of Autos and 10 speeds. Trailers are mostly newer Utility brand, with an occasional East and Reitnouer sp?
    I hope this doesn't sound like a recruiting pitch, it's not. I just feel like I got lucky and got a good gig. Flatbed is a way better fit for me in a lot of ways. Anyway, I guess that's it.

idriveaholden Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You will love flatbedding.

Heavy Haul is it's own special world. I find it motivating myself, but know enough to just leave it be and stick with say medicines.

And you will love flatbedding. Its a great deal of fun. You do get rained on occasionally but you make enough to afford nicer towels so its not a problem.

We had a deaf classmate who was not very good to anyone in school. Turns out his Daddy runs a local Tractor Sales Dealer type situation. Anyway. I pull in with my flatbed with their tractors on it for delivery to them. It was not difficult to ask them in their language where they would like the truck and it's new delivery of tractors that they obviously have been waiting on for a while. Classmate displayed some jealousy because I could hear enough to drive a 18 wheeler and deliver tractors to his place from Iowa. It's a pretty good run. I don't know how to drive a tractor very well, but Im sure classmate could drive anything on his family dealership. It's the way things are.

4. H827OUT

H827OUT Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.