Looking to get into trucking field

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Hateful, Dec 24, 2017.

1. LST SaddleTramp

LST SaddleTramp Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Passing you on the right!
    I really can't, nor would I recommend anybody, but I will say this, if they(the company)puts you through their training, stick with them to satisfy the company requirement(contract)or you will be paying the training bill in full.
    I do know of a driver that quit a big fleet early, Pam, went to another, TMC, now has a big bill to pay.

Hateful Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Does his increase in pay offset the cost? Is there a reasonable payment plan in the contract? Sometimes it makes sense to pay it.

4. Hateful

Hateful Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Not real concerned about runs just as long at some point I make it back to Ohio.. But don't most run coast to coast anyways..

5. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Well I plan instilling with the company till contract is up then I have a plan on what I ant to do after the year is up.. The thing right now is just getting started and getting input and opinions from others.. I really appreciate everyone's input it's really helping me out better than trying to do this on my own.. Thank you so much

6. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Ty for your insight I appreciate it...

7. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Thanks again Chinatown for your insight

8. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Thank you double007

DoubleO7 Thanks this.
  9. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    I think they are partners with prime.. But they seem to offer more incentives than prime does from what I have researched..

10. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Perhaps Chinatown can criticize me here. From all my research. I'm gathering that there is an awful lot of dropping trailers in the middle of the country. Then east runs east and west runs west.... Primarily.... But can go further. Perhaps I'm wrong?
    I know with Prime. They'll run you all 48. But unless you're a team. You won't run into Calif. Prime likes to get in and out of Ca. Thus, the teams. Solo...You'll do plenty of running up into the north east, south east, south, and midwest.
    Wil-Trans.... like Chinatown said... they run east.
    If Chinatown mentions somebody who actually runs coast to coast, solo. He means it. They aren't that common to do that.... as I'm understanding. Coast to coast is a moneymaker. Not wasting time at shippers and receivers.

11. Hateful

Dec 24, 2017
    Ohio
    I have heard that the trucks are nice but I haven't heard anything about the contact part tho.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.