Looking to get started, company sponsored CDL school?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by c.lloyd83, Jan 20, 2019.

1. The Elite Team

The Elite Team Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Elite Team

Jan 21, 2019

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. The Elite Team

Jan 21, 2019

I understand you said you want a company to sponsor you and not a school. But i assume you only want to do that so you don’t pay for your training. However check the video out and I go in detail on how you can get the training for free without being sponsored, especially being in Ohio

surf_avenue and c.lloyd83 Thank this.
  6. c.lloyd83

c.lloyd83 Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2019
    So it seems I may be getting black listed lol. For whatever reason I can't seem to get approved for anywhere lol. I have applied to 3 companies (Maverick, TMC, and Jim Palmer) and all declined me... thinking about applying for Prime but the recruiter just told me it may be an issue with being let go from my most recent employer back in September. RE West doesn't hire in my area so they are a no go. I did get in contact with Ohio Means Jobs (WIA) to find out more info, and they said I could come in Thursday for orientation to see about what I found anything I could do. They would cover my tuition to a trucking school so I would not have any contract, but I am worried if I go that route; I'll just end up having my CDL and not being able to find a company to work for...

7. The Elite Team

Jan 21, 2019
    So you want to look in to second chance companies. Transam, Carolina cargo etc. even driving local dump truck, construction companies etc. plus th truck driving school will help you narrow down a list.

Either way you wouldn’t end up with a cdl no job. The stuff doesn’t stay on your record forever. So don’t look at it like the cdl is a waste. Even if you had to sit in it, it’s still a value to you

c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  8. The Elite Team

Jan 21, 2019

Trust me your record isn’t going to hold you back. I got 4 felony cases. 16 misdemeanors. And got a job before I even passed my test. Show I got two accidents after my cdl and I am a union driver still

c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  9. c.lloyd83

Jan 19, 2019
    It's not so much my driving or criminal record that's messing me up. Those are both spotless (luckily). It's my employment record that's killing me...

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Contact Roadtex Transportation and ask if they'll hire you from a private cdl school that Ohio Means Jobs (WIA) pays for . Pretty sure they'll offer you a job. Terminals all over the USA. PI&I Motor Express and Nick Strimbu Inc. might hire you from that program also and they're Teamsters Union.
    Roadtex - Official Site
    www.roadtex.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PI&I MX | Steel Hauling Company
    https://www.piimx.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nick Strimbu, Inc. :: Flatbed and Refrigerated Carrier
    www.nickstrimbu.com

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  11. The Elite Team

Jan 21, 2019

Bro what do you mean your employment record? Lol no one cares about your employment record if it’s non relevant driving

c.lloyd83 Thanks this.
  12. c.lloyd83

Jan 19, 2019
    Well, that's what companies have been telling me. My driving record is 100% clean not even a parking ticket. Criminal record is clean also... They say because of Amazon letting me go back in September and because I've had a few jobs before hand that only lasted a few months (all which I have valid reasons for), they don't want to hire me...

13. c.lloyd83

Jan 19, 2019
    I am waiting for a call back from CFI, to see what they say about their training program...

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs