Looking to hear what others think of CRST..

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Pameee, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Pameee

Pameee Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New York and Florida
    I am interested into going into the Truck Driving field and I would like to know about other peoples experiences with CRST? Decent for a newbie such as myself?

Any and all opinions greatly appreciated.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    they are on my list of companies id never work for, though i have no personal experience with them. read through the reviews....the ratio of negative to positive reviews that ive seen is somewhere around 50 to 1.

4. Yellow-Gatorade

Yellow-Gatorade Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Pamee. Look at the pay scale for all the companies you may be considering. What you will be making in 3-5 years. Remember: Some companies pay for all the miles a truck drives. Some companies pay for the miles YOU drive. Crst is the latter of the 2. I have been with CRST 2.5 years. My truck averaged 4400 miles a week last year. I make .38cpm for 2200 of those miles a week. My first year was $24000 gross. Next year $38,000 gross. Ask yourself If you can live on that.

5. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    I heard it sucks big D.

6. Emolson

Emolson Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    CRST is one of the companies that if you are looking to team up with another driver. From what I heard about them, theres more negative than positive. If you are a newbie and you are not looking to drive in teams then CRST is not the right company for you. They've got a low pay, and the miles might not even be high. If you have no other choice then go with them but there is better options

7. Yellow-Gatorade

Dec 18, 2012
    Pameee: if your truck breaks down or you are detained, which does and will happen, you will receive $17 a day. After the 2nd day. First day is free. I could go on and on and on.

8. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    there is so many threads on this company about the BAD stuff you just got to read...

9. Pameee

Pameee Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New York and Florida
    Yellow-Gatorade and Emolson thank you both for your responses.

I know it is team driving, not sure I like the idea of being in a truck 24/7 with someone I do not know but hey if I go that route I am aware of the split miles. I am also aware of the delays and no income that can occur.

Yellow, do you like working for them? Do you drive with a co-driver or are you solo? Did you have financial struggles your first year? I am a walmart girl and know how to be fruggle, heck I live a fruggle lifestyle now. any tips?

10. pokerhound67

pokerhound67 Heavy Load Member

Oct 30, 2012
    theres something that should give anyone pause. 4400 miles a week average as a team????? thats pitiful. i average 28-2900 miles a week as a solo driver. each of this team is averaging 2200 miles per week. at 38 cpm thats the difference between 1083 per week and 836. also, its a heck of a lot of down time to be sharing a postage stamp sized living space with another grown person.

11. Yellow-Gatorade

Dec 18, 2012
    Pameee: I live in Southern California. I am still struggling. I have had 17 codrivers in the last 2.5 years. Solo pay is .22cpm. Nobody runs solo at CRST. They do not allow it. I have only had one truck-driving job ever. So unfortunately I can only tell you about crst. I do know that there are 3 class action lawsuits pending currently. And a 4th on the way. Crst violates basic laws regularly. Our CSA is at 92.1% currently. Go to covenant, swift, anyone but here. I hate giving advise here but I wish I had done more research before starting with crst. Wish someone had guided me. Warned me. I guess that is what I am trying to do for you. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.