Looking to hear what others think of CRST..

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Pameee, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Pamee I think you can better than CRST. Does Swift have a terminal near you? Or better yet being in Central FL I'd look for some produce hauling outfits around you. You'll make more and be home more.

Pameee Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pameee

Pameee Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2013
    New York and Florida
    Thanks for replying, thing is, I do not want to be home more. for the past couple of years I have traveled coast to coast in my jeep and I've been loving it. I want to be out there full time... Occasional home time will be spent at my daughters in south florida to see my grandbaby and my mother in central florida. Other than that I have no ties that bind me and I'm looking forward to the ever changing views. And video chatting is wonderful, I can see them, they can see me yet I don't have to deal with life's day to day nonsense.. know what I mean?

4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    It is when operating heavy equipment :biggrin_2559:

5. barwick

barwick Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Manning,SC
    Hi Pamee, check the csa score on them. It's bad. Go somewhere else pls. .22 split w/no exp. Like ramen noodles??

6. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Swift ocala terminal.........

not horrible......

7. barwick

barwick Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Manning,SC
    I just left CalArk and am approved 4 Landspan/Lakeland/Fl. The guy I am to team with may opt out. Call Mary in recruitng and see if you can qualify and let's ride. 53/swm

8. thunderf4

thunderf4 Light Load Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Azle, TX
    I am in the same boat as you, i am new to all this and being pulled in all directions. I have done a lot of research on FFE, CSRT, Stevens, etc CSRT worst in safety, Stevens worst in pay scale, FFE 90% bad reviews on there trainer drivers. I get my CDL on Jan,14th and i have no idea who to go through for training. CSRT is only 8 months contract but i can not team drive, that will be nerve wrecking.

9. thunderf4

Nov 6, 2012
    Azle, TX
    Do you already have a CDL?NVM i seen that you are looking for a school as well.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  10. thunderf4

Nov 6, 2012
    Azle, TX
    Who is this company? I need help as well.

11. binpimpin8

binpimpin8 Bobtail Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I have been looking at CRST as well, the thing that scares me about them is that they will take anybody. Even people straight out of jail. If youre starting a new career I would advise that you dont go with the easiest choice first, since you already have a team mate. i would look into US Xpress, they love teams have a great safety rating run elogs so you wont run illegal, tuition reimbursement and a shorter higher paying training period, they are a lil more picky about who they let in but you seem like a good enough person to pass the qualifications. Trucking is a hard industry to break into no matter which sex you are, but especially for women.(Finding other female trainers, or male trainers that arent perverts). There are bad stories about every company, its what you make of it. That being said since you have been looking forward for this so long I would go into a company with a better history so you dont get a bad taste in your mouth about the job. Also I choose a private school cause it opened up my options a lot more,(Most co sponsered schools go off a 5 year MVR which mine is bad but my 3 year is good and that is all you need with a private school). As well as the job placement that most schools offer. I went from finding 4 or 5 co sponsored schools to 20 co. willing to hire someone out of school. As far as the school being closed most of the major ones have been at some time including Swift and CR England. When a co sponsors you they make a lot of money. from 4000 you pay for school to the 4000 the govt gives them on top of that for retraining you to the cheap wages they pay you till you complete their contract. I personally prefer to have more control over what I do, and think you enjoy that as well. Im not a recruiter for US xpress I don't even work for them yet, they are my ideal starting company from everything Ive researched and my dad working for them for a few years. OOOOO just a tip they do offer a bonus for teams to sign up!!!! think its a couple G's. Im not the most experienced or the smartest but hope I was able to help you with your decision anything else I can help with I will should be interesting to see what you choose please let us know your journey so that we may learn from it. I hope I didn't offend anyone saw some conflicts of opinion on this thread, Cant we all just get along. Leave the politics to politicians we are drivers giving advice or future drivers looking for it we all already know our country is in a downward spiral do we as humans have to spin down the whirl pool and into the black hole as well. That being said I wish you the best of luck keep me updated so that I may follow your process. Youre in for an exciting change, and a career with endless possibilities(and long wait times at shippers and receivers ROFL). Just keep a cool head and youll make the best decision for you hope I could help

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.