Looks like I my be going to Ft.Worth!

Discussion in 'FFE Lisa American Eagle' started by BJnobear, Sep 13, 2011.

1. BJnobear

BJnobear Heavy Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Golden Corral is more dangerous.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lisaalther

lisaalther Bobtail Member

Aug 19, 2011
    USA

Thats really good! Just believe in your abilities and practice well. I passed the test with two minors in my first attempt. Thanks for sharing.

Class 7 practice test Alberta | Alberta class 7 practice test

4. akdennnis

akdennnis Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Chlugiak, AK
    Well, I finally got a class date. I start on the 31st. Just in time to beat most of the snow! It starts up here usually in October. Texas is going to seem like a sweat box to me. Oh well.

5. Newbie-20

Newbie-20 Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Las Cruces, NM
    how long did the application process take? i mean from the time you filled out the application and spoke with a recruiter to them checking all your work history and background to them setting a starting class date?

6. akdennnis

akdennnis Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Chlugiak, AK
    For me, it was about a month from the first time I talked to a recruiter to getting my class start day yesterday. My case is a little unusual, though. I live in Alaska, which is outside of the recruiting area. They had to decide if they wanted to make an exception for me and that took awhile. In addition, I haven't worked since '08. FFE is definitely one of those companies that does not seem to want to hire the long-term unemployed. Fortunately for me, I decided to go back to school after I got laid off and they accepted my college transcripts and letters of reference from acquaintances in lieu of a work reference. I think the typical guy, with a more recent work history and residing in the lower 48, is taking about 2 weeks from start to acceptance. Actually, they offered to let me come down for a class start date on the 24th but I need to get the place winterized for the wife before I head out. We have REAL winters in Alaska. The background investigation is the biggest time hold-up for the typical newb but it still only takes a week or ten days. The just check traffic, criminal, and residence history. No credit checks, apparently. They use Axciom Information Security Services to conduct your background. They seem pretty professional and send you your very own copy of the result of the investigation..

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  7. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Well day one is in the books. The range trucks and trailers are in good shape, the interior cabnetry are removed and three air ride seats are installed. Today consisted of the medical stuff, some class time, and straight line backing.

My arse is tired. Well gotta do some homework.

8. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    Day two.

Texas paralell, serpent manuvers. Good day overall, although I COULD have taken out a Challenger, had one been parked there...:biggrin_2554:

9. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    For me it was about 24-hours. I was offered a class starting date the day after submitting my online application. One of the CEOs called me yesterday to follow as to when I wanted to start class. Believe me, I'm a nobody and I don't have any family working at FFE. It was nice that someone from the higher echelons at FFE would call me. I didn't take the offer because I'm not ready. Perhaps after the first of the year.

10. BJnobear

Aug 24, 2010
    PCB, FL
    The academy has really good people. Just bring some 2 million SPF sunblock! The sun is intense here, even more than FL.
    Day three down, and the rust is falling away. Still shaking off the four wheeler mentality. I think Monday will see us snatching more than first and reverse.
    More tomorrow, unless no one gives a turkey.:biggrin_25523::biggrin_2556:

11. GSWx

GSWx <strong>Doc In The Box</strong>

Aug 13, 2011
    Coastal Alabama.
    I give a turkey and the information you post is good stuff especially when one is sitting on the wall deciding on which company to work for. Great job!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.