Looks like Prime is the one!!

Discussion in 'Prime' started by bobbybaldwin, Nov 8, 2013.

1. 4noReason

4noReason Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2012
    dude screw that. go to central refrigerated. you got experience ask to be a kraft local driver. home on weekends. if not work 4 months then you can prob get on it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
  4. bobbybaldwin

bobbybaldwin Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Springfield, Mo
    If you are referring to me with the above statement let me assure you I am not a "super trucker" nor am I "trolling".
    I have decided against being a L/O, and I am looking forward to the 19th.

5. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Not you, the guys who are giving you #### for going with prime. Bringing the same old spiel, it's not worth the money they pay, you're actually paying to drive from them, prime trucks are soo slow, how you shouldn't be a trucker if you have less than 1 million miles OTR and aren't an O/O, elogs/eobr are the anti-christs(obama) way of keeping the us down, and so on.

You're cool. Let us know how things go with Prime.

DLC Thanks this.
  6. BigBrin

BigBrin Medium Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    All of these mega-carriers are like puppy mills or people-eaters. If a trucking company has a recruiting "department" that is due to a booming economy or they are hemmoraging drivers faster than they can replace. You can look at any of these mega-carriers and just about substitute their name and see the same stories. Throw out 50% of the complainers due to the cant fix stupid factor and you will have a fair representation.
    I drive a medium sized company where there is more freight than drivers. My company trains as well but doesnt have a "school". Do your homework is the best advice you will get from this site! Good luck!

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
  8. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    I have a LT weight Cascadia and it is very small inside, however in saying that I have a fridge, microwave and tv in my truck and do fine even though it is cramped !
    Somebody has pics on their profile of a LT weight to give you an idea , just use the search button can't remember who had those pics. I am averaging 2400 miles as a company driver

9. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
  10. Evl1

Evl1 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Albany, NY
    Just my 2 cents for what its worth. I have no experience, just a class A permit and will be getting my license next month. I did speak with a recruiter and since I live in the north east I asked to be regional there. She said id be in a light weight, no big deal, and that id be making .47 per mile. That sounds good to me for someone with no experience. When I speak to her again what are some questions I should be asking?

11. dstuuu

dstuuu Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2013
    SE how is it for people out of NC? I live in NC and been looking into trucking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.