loop hole with leasing or leasing to own a rig

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by rednecktrucking, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Buffalo Chip

Buffalo Chip Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    You learn in this business every day, and with your can do it attitude and past experience trucking may be a good fit for you, time will tell. Once you get out on the road you will be absolutely amazed at how much there is to know, not just about driving but in dealing will dispatchers, safety departments, the dot, shippers, repair shops, terminal managers etcetra .... those who are successful in this business have way more then great driving and backing skills, you need good people skills also. When you master this only then can you begin to learn the business side of trucking ... I've been out here three years and I don't think I'll be anywhere near ready to own my own business (rig) for at least another three!

chompi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BadActor

BadActor Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    You'll have to switch to double clutching right away. If they hire you as an experienced driver, you will road test right away and will fail and be sent home if you can't double clutch.

4. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
    Most companies will expect you to double clutch during your road test. Do what you want when you are on your own...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.