Losing power up hill on my KW with paccar mx 13

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Gzusgardey, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Gzusgardey

Gzusgardey Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2017
    When I down shift from any of my high side gears more so when loaded at 30-44,000 lbs I get a miss fire or chugging from my motor. I lose all power climbing hills of all sizes (don’t feel it as bad on flat land) and once I’m back into 13th gear and feather the accelerator, I can feel the miss fire feeling go away.

The only code is for #5 injector and i already replaced it and still having the same issue. My check engine light is off.
    PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JohnC123

JohnC123 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2018
    The year is very important because it separates EPA2010's from EPA2013's, 2 different animals when it comes to the fuel side. Its easier to start with the fuel filters or the air CAC systems. Have these items been CLOSELY inspected for damage/pin holes, thin spots (boots), whens the last time someone changed the fuel filters? Just trying to eliminate the obvious.

stillwurkin Thanks this.
  4. Gzusgardey

Sep 1, 2017
    Hi its a KW 2014 and I've replaced the fuel filters and no luck. Thanks for responding i really do appreciate it

5. RicoNC

RicoNC Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Raleigh/Clayton, NC
    What CODES are showing? Once you are on the touch screen , go to TRUCK, DIAGNOSE, It'll show some codes ...something like.. 20181106_062057.jpg
    I kinda have the same problem you're mentioning...is this what shows at your screen??

6. Gzusgardey

Sep 1, 2017
    Hello, actually my check engine light is off and i don't get any codes on my dashboard.

7. JohnC123

JohnC123 Light Load Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Still haven't talked about your CAC charge air system; boot condition, clamps, rubbed spots from the hood possibly (pressure testing cooler itself), really sounds like your leaking air at high rpm (plastic bond clamps), maybe even turbo actuator being right at the threshold of being "out of calibration".

8. BlueCockster

BlueCockster Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Would like an answer to these situations myself

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.