Lost Wallet

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Rayj00, May 6, 2024.

1. Sons Hero

Sons Hero Road Train Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Indiana
    No credit cards? The only good place to use a debit card is to pick locks open with. He doesn’t wear jeans? Sounds like 1 of the sweatpants and flip flop wannabes.

TurkeyCreekJackJohnson and Opus Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    I know its awful when you lose your wallet, but why bring it into the shipper? They only want to see a DL at most, that's all I bring in. My wallet NEVER leaves my truck unless it's to go shopping at like Wal Mart on a 34. If a shipper needs my DL, I walk into the office with my DL ONLY. That way I don't risk losing EVERYTHING. I have a permanent appreciation for God for attaching my head to my body because if he hadn't I can promise I would have misplaced it.

4. SmoothBore

SmoothBore Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2011
    The Desert

Don’t forget kids, jeans and a long nose Pete make you a real truck driver. None of that other stuff matters, oh, and don’t forget when backing to stand on the step with your door open so everyone can see how cool you look.

5. Sons Hero

Sons Hero Road Train Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Indiana
    :p:p:cool::cool: Wow, I’m cool then!!! All I wear is jeans, and I drive a longnose Pete about half the time, so…. As far as standing on the step while backing, I don’t think I have ever seen a Peterbilt driver do that. JMO, sweatpants can make a driver look unprofessional quicker than almost anything else.

6. #1 Kenworth

#1 Kenworth Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New England
    I stopped carrying my ss card 45 years ago. You dont it by heart?? I learned it quickly when filling out job applications then never needed it again. As another person pointed out. Take your wallet out and leave it in your hand till your card etc is returned to it.

7. Fronningen

Fronningen Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2017
    Ipswich, SD
    Slightly off topic, but I one time lost my wallet while riding my horse (it was actually the same day my profile picture was taken, a snowy mid-October day in northern Minnesota). With the 6" of snow we'd just received and the fact that I'd been loping across about forty acres of open, snow-covered fields, I thought all hope was lost, along with cash, debit cards, my CDL, and CCW. A friend helped me look for it, and after about twenty minutes of searching I touched the back of my coat, feeling something firm. Turns out that from sitting in the saddle, my wallet had been pushed up from my seat pocket and crept up between my coat and vest. I felt both stupid and incredibly relieved.

jbatmick Thanks this.
  8. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Pure luck.

9. JSanborn103

JSanborn103 Medium Load Member

Jan 20, 2021
    You should always carry some cash in case your card stops working

10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Wichita KS
    I keep my wallet in my right front pocket, and a double ID card fold in my left pocket:
    1)
    The double ID card fold contains my drivers license & 1 credit card. If I lose my wallet, I still have a drivers license to drive & a spare credit card to purchase & pay for necessary items. I realize that this isn't foolproof.
    2) My wallet contains 1 credit card, my blood type card from the Red Cross, my AAA card, my dental insurance card, my medical insurance card, & a paper copy of my Medicare card.
    3) I also keep a minimal amount of cash in my wallet, anywhere from $20 to $40. I really thinned out my wallet by getting rid of all unnecessary plastic as rewards cards, membership cards that I never use, etc..
    4) After so many years, I no longer keep any family pictures in my wallet, primarily for both personal & family security reasons.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

The absolute sheer driving force of our national economy - without truck drivers, our entire national economy would come to an absolute standstill - if not outright be dead.
    [​IMG]
    Over the mountains, through the woods, into the valleys, coast to coast, from sea to shining sea - truck drivers can and do go anywhere and everywhere, every day, every night, all year round.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.