Loves in Batesville MS major changes (Covid-19)

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by drivingmissdaisy, Apr 4, 2020.

1. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    As of today, the town of Batesville has limited the number of customers allowed in the truck stop at one time to FIVE. That includes ONE person allowed in the one operational shower. People are standing outside for over an hour JUST TO GET IN to get a scale ticket and 5-6 hours wait times for showers.

You cannot enter the truck stop unless an employee lets you in so don't think you'll just "sneak in."

I'd stay away from this cluster until further notice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Love's is taking a turn to the worse. Cleveland, Texas doesn't have any hand sanitizer. When asked about it, the store employee said sanitizers were for employees only.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. drivingmissdaisy

drivingmissdaisy Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2019
    Well this has nothing to do with Loves. this was by city ordinance. They have to comply or the city can shut them down.

5. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    I cant blame them for keeping it strictly for the employees at this time. I've been to over 20 stores the past couple weeks, you cant get hand sanitizer anywhere or Clorox wipes.

If they let everyone use the hand sanitizer what are loves employees gonna use when it runs out?

6. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Sorry
    My bad. Reading comprehension in shortage right now.
    Still think Love's shouldn't be keeping hand sanitizers in the back room only.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Walmart announced that starting yesterday they will allow only 5 customers in the store per 1000 sq ft of store space. Only on entrance will be open and when the limit is reached, when 1 person comes out 1 can go in.

8. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Yup, we’re turning into a regular 3rd world country......

Local grocery store doing the same thing. Only so many people in the store . 1 out 1 can go in . Only one entrance open with employee guarding it... some things have a posted limit on how many of each you can buy.......

Rideandrepair and jsnell Thank this.
  9. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    Just wait and see how quickly this will turn to violence and make the news... LOL

Get the popcorn ready!!!

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I saw that they closed down the GM entrance on Moberly, MO yesterday. Then they have all the customers take a specific route to get in but they were having people wait til the shopping cart area was cleared. It definitely was a lot more than 5 people per square foot yesterday. Luckily I didn't need that much groceries

11. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    I pulled up at the local Walmart at 07:05 they had 4 standing in line and the local pd sitting by the door.
    I went 7 miles to the grocery store instead.

Rideandrepair and JonJon78 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.