Loves: Shower credits only good for 7 days now

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by VisionLogistics, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mattress Monkey

Mattress Monkey Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Flying j policy is only 2 showers in a 24 hr period that sucks if you have 3 tarp jobs in a 24 hr time frame...lol

Run Smart Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    flying pilot started the time limits,no free coffee with a fuel up, cash/credit diff in price,ect.

I don't use them unless no other is handy.

give me a mom and pop t/s any day. no I'm not a o/o

Run Smart and HwyPrsnr Thank this.
  4. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I quit trying to shower at Love's long ago . They expect one person to work the fuel desk and clean showers on third shift . I'll go to a Pilot or Flying J where I can get my shower ticket at a kiosk .

5. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Actually PFJ shower credits can last up to 10 days as per thier faq
    I currently have 8 on mine, and never run out of them , even when i take 5 days off.

http://myrewards.pilotflyingj.com/faq.aspx#413
    What is a Monthly Reward Level? When you use your Pilot Flying J loyalty member card while purchasing fuel, your purchases are automatically tracked. If you purchase over 500 gallons in any calendar month, you qualify for Reward Level 2. That means the following month all showers you earn will have a 7 day expiration and you will receive special Reward Level 2 offers throughout the month. If you purchase over 1,000 gallons in any calendar month, you will qualify for Reward Level 3. That means the following month all showers you earn will have a 10 day expiration and you will receive special Reward Level 3 offers throughout the month. Your member card must be registered to qualify for Reward Levels 2 & 3 offers.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
    VisionLogistics Thanks this.
  6. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I love me some pilot/flying j. I love the new showers.

48Packard Thanks this.
  7. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I mostly use TA and Petro. I also use Love's for some fuel purchases. The only time I stop at Flying J or Pilot is if I need a shower and there is nothing else close. Even then, I only buy the minimum to get a shower. I stopped doing business with Flying J when Pilot bought them out. I don't like Denny's and prefer a good sit down restaurant. My preference is the independent truck stops. The down side is that you can't take the showers with you, whereas you can with the chains. At one time, Flying J did not have a time when their showers cancelled. That was when I mostly used them as my fuel stop.

8. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I think I had three showers on my PFJ card when I started my vacation Sunday....odds are I'll still have at least one or two when I go back out next Sunday.

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I've gotten free showers at TAs (we only fuel at love's) when I've busted out my debit card at the fuel desk and the cashier gave it to me free. I guess it helps that my jacket is kind of torn up and I look like a broke ### truck driver. Only works when its an older lady at the helm. Youngsters or guys, no dice.

10. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Most drivers belong to a fuel program and fuel at specific places. You fuel every other day equals three showers a week. If you wanted to shower every day you could fuel 120 gal a day but it would be a PITA. But either way stock piling shower credits shouldn't be an issue. If you don't have one, fuel up! Either you fueled yesterday, today or tomorrow. I don't see where the problem is. Anytime I've seen or heard someone needing a shower I always gave them one of mine. If someone needs one there is always a way of getting one without paying for one. Not once have I ever been in a predicament where I couldn't get a shower. I could see if you run 200-300 miles a day but then you need another job.

They have expiration dates to keep people like me from giving them away! :)

11. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    A few weeks would be nice. I have a bulk fuel contract and a 1000 gallon tank in my truck yard, so a least 1/3 of my fueling occurs there. The rest of the time I use mostly PFJ, or whomever is closest. Sometimes it's loves.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.