Loving Averitt Great Miles

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Jun 11, 2015.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    That's nothing compared to the way I have seen some of the other truckers dressed...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chris Yohn

Chris Yohn Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Dont have a problem with the uniform. They look half way decent given that its a paid company uniform. It could be a lot worse. I have a tattoo on my upper arm, but the shirt covers 98% of it. They just want to put forth a professional image. Dont have to be clean shaven either, beards are allowed but you cant look like the guys from duck dynasty here. Yep, the trucks will send an alert if you let them roll downhill. My truck only sends the alarm for 70 or above. I have gone over 70 but as long as you back it down within like 10-15 seconds, the alarm wont go off. Not a problem for the safer breed of drivers out there. I dont need to have the trailer whistling in the wind going over monteagle.

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Apparently someone likes me...I can roll 71 just not over all day

chopper103in Thanks this.
  5. Chris Yohn

Chris Yohn Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    lol I can go over 70, but I think thats where my truck sends the alarm. Ive had one call for 71 before. Never had one for 70 so I try to max it out there if im rolling down hill.

TROOPER to TRUCKER Thanks this.
  6. BigKidTrucker179

BigKidTrucker179 Bobtail Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Va
    I've caught my Volvo at 75 before.. Didn't last long. Didn't trip any bang flags for it. Must have reigned it in in time. I can float around 70 downhill and no fouls called. The jake that kicks in while on cruise is pretty handy. Not very strong but it does help. My first Volvo got 65 pedal and 67 cruise. Spoiled... Now it's 63/65-66 respectively. Can still pass a prime truck, though.

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  8. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    My Prostar runs 64 on cruise,62 on the pedal...no big deal...I let her roll to 74/75 then touch the brakes or flip the engine brake on...I few times I let it get away from me in WVA or in KY, got a critical event warning..nothing else from CKV..Of course they say NOTHING when you going 25mph struggling up a hill.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I got dinged once last week at 75 going down a mountain enjoying the view..lol

10. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    I've driven a FL with automatic with the anti-crash system...you have to be careful letting off the pedal when the system starts beeping at you when you start to get to close to a vehicle in front...it will hit the brakes hard on the truck but it doesn't show brake lights in the rear. If someone is close to your 6 when this happens, it could wind up in someone rear ending you or causing a brake slamming chain reaction behind you. It is really dangerous for the driver because your having to take your eyes off the road to take the truck off cruise and check your rear all while the system is taking control of the truck out of your hands.

This really comes into play when traffic coming on to the interstate from a side road. You might not be able to get in the middle lane and when you let off the brakes, the brakes slow you down quickly.

11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I just feather the breaks sown slowly with the engine break also. If we brake fairly hard it will get flagged also.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.