Lowered Expectations

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Flat Earth Trucker, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Well, not you, but this guy in the video, pointing out the problems of our society is like fishing in a barrel. Making money off the downtrodden. For shame. While I don't think companies hire people thinking what damage they could do, it's just a part of doing business, like any other. Quite frankly, that "lower wage" you speak of is still TWICE what I drove a truck for, and the poor guy this guy is lambasting, could very well have been a good driver, just caught with their pants down. It's easy for us to watch and think of how incompetent this driver was, but I don't think so. Being overly cautious did this driver in. It's happened to all of us. Thankfully, not to this magnitude, but in trucking, that saying "$#i+ happens" originated with trucking, and as long as human beings are in control, these things will continue to happen, and in part why eggs are $7bucks a dozen, up from a quarter, today.

4. REO6205

REO6205 Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Those crossing arms are made to snap off. That's exactly what the Southern Pacific guy told me while he was replacing the one that our truck broke off. Same deal as the video but our driver didn't hesitate...threw the truck in reverse and scratched the paint on the headache rack. No other damage.

5. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Jesus he could have floored it. If he had space up front. If not reverse it. Maybe there wasn’t enough space up front and he knew there was a 4 wheeler right behind his bumper? I would have preferred to ruin the gate and the 4 wheeler’s car than having a truck wreck blocking up the whole road and creating an even larger insurance nightmare.

It’s just me but anytime I saw those lights flashing and I wasn’t already crossing it I would stop beforehand just to not risk being caught.

The one california kid and Peplow Thank this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    I respectfully disagree. What is on display here is a driver who held in higher regards the safety of a gate arm than he did his own safety, the safety of the train crew, and the safety of those in the immediate vicinity.

His negligence, in this particular instance, is also on display because of how he chose to enter this predicament. He had to have driven onto tracks knowing that a train was approaching, otherwise he would went through the RR crossing without stopping.

His stopping on the tracks and exiting the vehicle created a dilemma from which was only a problem seconds before.

And who knows what was on that train. Could have caused a catastrophe.

And it just keeps happening. This happened today in my neighborhood.

https://twitter.com/DallasTexasTV/s...09635272003770&currentTweetUser=DallasTexasTV

The one california kid Thanks this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    He won't be getting that unprofessional salary anymore. He will be fired probably. I am reminded that Choo Choo trains are undefeated.

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  8. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    He must've been mad at his company for shorting his paycheck and he thought: I'll show them! LoL

9. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    FYI, clicked on your link but it said something went wrong so nothing showed. I deleted my x account awhile back when some women musk hired posted that she was gonna get rid of all the free accounts because they were taking up too much bandwidth. So x is not on my frequency anymore.

10. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    The link formerly known as Twitter leads to a wreck in Saginaw, Texas.

Apparently, a Crete truck tried to beat a train, but didn't fare too well.

The one california kid Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.