Luvtheroad's New Used 1994 Peterbilt 377

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by luvtheroad, Jun 2, 2009.

1. dukwcapt

dukwcapt Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Seekonk, Massachusetts
    I bought the E-bay Audi headlights. THEY DO NOT FIT THE 377 without extensive cutting and modification! I am trying to make them work, but it is proving to be a real PAIN in the butt. It turns out the lenes are PLASTIC not glass (only the inside reflector is glass) My recomandation to anyone thinking about doing this is DON"T.

Has ANYONE out there swapped the hood from the 377 for a hood with round fenders and the lights attached to the grill the way ALL Peterbilts SHOULD be? I so want to change to the 357/378 type hood. CAN IT BE DONE? I have called Peterbilt and have yet to find ONE person that can answer the question.

Lucky Dog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lucky Dog

Lucky Dog Light Load Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Overland Park, Kansas
    I really appreciate you sharing this with all of us. Yo saved me from making the same mistake. I'm looking into removing the entire assembly and glassing up a flat back inside the area. Then I'll cut out what I need to make room for a standard set of double rectangles. This will be straight forward and allow for high viz hid headlights. The turn signal is another story. Will probably have to keep the stock turn signal in play but at this point I'm ready to do whatever it takes to get better light beam.

Thanks again for the info.

4. dukwcapt

dukwcapt Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Seekonk, Massachusetts
    Saw photo's of your rig with the blocked out headlights, nice job. I guess there is no easy fix!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.