Lying on the DOT medical disclosure form

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Midnightrider909, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I’m more of a “Straight Shooter” guy but I appreciate the advice.

NavigatorWife and stayinback Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    its not easy for you or I, the passage of the ACA had mandates on medical data sharing or more accurate medical data accessibility.
    ever go to a new pharmacy to fill a prescription? they will tell you what you are taking. go to a new Doctor, and they will have your whole medical history in front of them.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I went for years with a 2 yr. card.
    At one physical I slipped and said I was on BP meds and after that it was a 1 yr. card. Normal blood pressure due to the BP pills, but still a one yr. card after that.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  5. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    Did you try not disclosing the meds on any of your subsequent renewals to try for a 2 year card?

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Always LLLLLL IIIIIIII EEEEEEEE
    Never incriminate yourself.

They try to get most of us for sleep apnea. Not hard to see where they're going with the questions.

I smoke. It's getting harder and harder for me to pass also.

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    No, just have to suffer through the 12 mos. card which makes my BP go up when it's physical time. I know a guy that was on insulin for about 15 years and got away with it by not disclosing it. Being on insulin is a disqualifier. He made it to retirement.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    NavigatorWife and snowwy Thank this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'd try if I were you; say you're not on meds any longer and haven't been for months.

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  9. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    If I were you my main concern would be how to get my blood pressure down. And preferably without medication. Heart disease high blood pressure are all related and all happened because of one thing. Plaque buildup in the arteries or blood vessels. It's just like when you turn a garden hose on and start pinching the hose the water comes out faster and faster. That's what happens and gives you high blood pressure. I would visit a nutritionist and figure out what you can do to change your diet permanently.
    I would stay away from any alcoholic beverages or any kind of tobacco products and I would start getting on some sort of an exercise program. Those two factors are going to reduce your blood pressure. Plaque buildup doesn't just come out of nowhere. It's caused because of what we are putting into our bodies.

The other thing and I hope it scares you into making those changes is that high blood pressure is a step down from having a heart attack. That's what a bypass is all about. They take a vein out of your leg and they bypass the correct blood vessel or artery and they simply make it to where there is no plaque buildup inside. Please driver, don't let it come down to that. Make the changes now. Yes you can do it if you make the sacrifices.

About Dr. Esselstyn | Dr. Esselstyn's Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease Program

sprizo, NavigatorWife and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  10. Midnightrider909

Oct 26, 2016
    I will never be healthy unless I quit tobacco, become a vegetarian, and exercise daily. That ain’t never gonna happen, especially driving a truck. I love nicotine and red meat and usually am too tired or the weather is too inclement for exercise. The best I have been able to manage is a few laps around the petro parking lot once in a while when it isn’t 100 degrees outside or below zero. I do avoid soda and candy though and probably eat more salads than the average driver.

sprizo, NavigatorWife and Chinatown Thank this.
  11. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Perhaps you would post a link to that federal law for us because I believe that information may be incorrect.

kemosabi49 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.