M. Bjorn Petersen, Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 99tank, Jan 21, 2011.

1. starsonwindow

starsonwindow Medium Load Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hey, may be funny, I'm not joking, watch CL for their ads, they up to like $1000.00 bonus they will screw you out of! Give Bill a call, and if you get the dispatcher I can't remember his name but he is from where Sam and Hilda is from and answers the phone like this "Pesn mihelu" and just about that fast, the first time I got him I thought I had the wrong number!, Stay away, I was pretty impressed until I saw the number of trucks they had lined up, then I thought there is a reason that they don't have drivers in them...See ya.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pilottravel2002

pilottravel2002 Medium Load Member

May 25, 2011
    Tucson,az
    [​IMG]

4. nyhillbilly

nyhillbilly Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Ok, only been with Petersen for little over a month. The truck I was assigned is old, yes, but seems to be in decent running order. Yes, they run us hard but seem good on the pay as it is always there first thing Friday morning. I have a family with 2 small children and was informed today that there was little chance I would be able to see them for the holidays. I do not mind being out for 3-5 weeks between home time, but family is important to me on the holidays.
    In their handbook of rules, etc., it states that leaving their employment before your 90 day probationary period is over would incur the penalty of repayment of all hiring expenses. For me that would be airfare from NY, 3 days in Phoenix hotel, and even the drug test. All that aside, what damage could they do to my DAC is a worry for me as I decide whether to just return the truck and fly home. Could really use some advice on this one from members who may have seen the same or a similar situation please.

5. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Well, they can put whatever they like on your DAC, however, I suspect Petersen doesn't subscribe to DAC....just a gut feeling, very small company. Can you forego being home just one time ? And tough it out ?

6. nyhillbilly

Dec 18, 2012
    My first wife was killed while I was on the road in a holiday season. I promised myself and my family I would always be with them on Christmas day, as this is also a day we hold a vigil for my late wife. As for DAC, Petersen must subscribe to it as they asked about my DAC on the phone and supposedly pulled it before flying me to Phoenix.
    As you now know, I do have an important reason to be home on this one day, important to keep the promise I made my family a few years ago. I never worry about being home except 3 days a year. 1 of those days I hold sacred is Christmas, that is my dilemma now. Seriously considering returning to owner operator status with a company as to have some added flexability.

Mr.Shifter Thanks this.
  7. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

vhy not vease yer truk on wif Sam ?.

8. spacetrucker88

Oops vhen yuu buy tluck Yes?

9. spacetrucker88

Well Sam did not lie to you,and you have or get a steady paycheck,and produce is what it is,this guy sounds a lot more honest to me than most of the large carriers. You make fun of the construction trailer office complex,at least he is not trying to impress anyone.I know a man that runs his trucking operation out of a lawn building. I have always called it the global operations center,he cannot get any of his guys to quit and if he fires one of them they just keep on working anyway. He has not done this in a while but he used to call me and tell to come to Berkeley Springs and bring beer.At Christmas each of his guys gets an envelope with 5 100 dollar bills in it and a note that says "Thanks for doing a good job"and some times this is the day after he will tell one of his guys "You can't work here anymore,you need to go get a real job" So my point is sam may be a straight up type of guy.

10. nyhillbilly

Dec 18, 2012
    No, Sam seems to be a decent guy. I do give him a lot of respect. He has made a nice company for himself after immigrating to the US. I have run reefer loads for years, been O/O before and I can understand how and why he is doing things. Everyone runs things a bit different, finds their own niche so to speak. My way is sometimes different, but it is what it is and accept that. In the future things may change, but this is the way he runs his business and we have to remember it is his business.

11. spacetrucker88

Actually I might like to lease to Sam if I could pull one of his reefers. I have been home since october 5th and the wife says the 1st of the year she wants me back in the truck doing something. I really do not want to be out tarping and working in the freezing weather anymore,But she is cold and hard I asked her to let me stay home until April and got no reply. (she knows I like to take may june and July off to ride around the country on my bike).It's tough being married to such a mean woman.When she said "One of us needs to work" I was thinking it should be her but I must have been wrong. Woman I will never understand them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.