Mack Anthem No Lockers

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by 2Tap, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I haven’t seen a chain law that states you have to chain the outside four, I’ve seen them say 4 drive tires must be chained.

When I drove for the flatbed company we only carried one set of each. Any time we had to chain we threw the three railers on and if we were in OR or WA we had the singles to put on the trailer.

If you’re in deep wet snow your inside tires could sit on the snowpack and spin making the singles on the outside useless. With the triples you will dig down until you find traction. That’s probably not an issue 99% of the time for most trucks on the road but for where we were running we didn’t take the chance.

Magoo1968 and kylefitzy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 2Tap

2Tap Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2022
    Southern Wisconsin
    Man, spot on! I noticed the chains weren't biting as they should have and was wondering. I didn't even think about the driveway surface level itself. You know darn well the way they rut all tires aren't making contact at the same time.

I would rather throw one big heavy chain covering both tires than all of those singles. Hooking them up on the inside is a bear! I will certainly be requesting three railers or triples!

I appreciate you all! Throwing part of the driveway pick in after it was chipped for your amusement! New guy driving tankers in winter on driveways, what could go wrong, lol. At least i'm not the one that wrecked the quadaxel, that thing sure hooked up better than a tractor trailer.

Attached Files:

W923 and Magoo1968 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.