Mack granite rear end shimmies/vibrates when driving

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by Bucman, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Bucman

Bucman Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2023
    Anyone experience a shaking in the rear of their dump truck when driving? I have 8 brand new tires and truck still vibrates. My axles do not adjust so I do not know what the causes could be. Any ideas from dump truck owners who experienced this please.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. circle h

circle h Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2020
    If it started with the new tires, give it a minute. I've had new drives be all over the place until they break in.

Bucman Thanks this.
  4. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Drive line angle? Driveshaft support bearing or insulator? Bent hub, bent rim. Drive axle alignments are off.
    I would start by inspecting driveshaft carrier.
    Than jack up drive axle in the air, release brakes and check for out of round wheels and hubs.

5. OlegMel

OlegMel Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2023
    Also are you sure it’s rear end that vibrates? I had 2 Michelin steers that were old and causing steering wheel to shake, had some uneven wear and a started to dry rot. I replaced them with 2 new ironman steers( waste of $1200) Same shaking/vibration on steering wheel. Did alignment,(nothing changed). Than steers started to wear funny, probably because it’s cheap china.
    So I replaced with Bridgestones and put centramatics and all the shaking and vibration went away. I was amazed how much of a smoother ride I got from decent new steers.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.