Mack Mp8

Discussion in 'Mack Forum' started by Dadetrucking305, Aug 17, 2018.

1. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Consider your company extremely lucky. Every fleet I know that runs the mp8 has had injector issues at one point or another. I loved my Mack while I had it, but you said it perfectly, they are not fuel efficient trucks. Best I've ever heard with the mdrive was 6.5 running 65.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    We may have more injector problems than I'm aware of. I don't spend a lot of time around the shop. My truck has been very good though.

4. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    @ChicagoJohn I am gonna go out on a limb and say they had to redesign the cup/injectors for the common rail system. If it's anything like the DD 15 injectors you wont have to remove the valve cover to replace an injector.

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    From my understanding the 2018 MP8 was a redesign from previous years. They are now common rail injection with 3 slave injectors. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but my local Mack dealer said it seems to have helped solve the cup issues.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  6. J Rich

J Rich Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga
    I had a 15 with 505hp MP8. I took it to Nextran Atlanta and had them put it on the dyno. It put out 300hp to the tires. It should be about 375-400hp. They ended up running a bunch of tests, replacing the EGR, Turbo, and a 6 pack of injectors. Every time they said it was fix, but never was.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.