Made decision to be my own man and not leech off my rich father

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Trucks66, Jan 25, 2019.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    plus, many times over, daughters take care of dad. it's "in them" like you say the nurturing....which is why they make great nurses.

but, i have had a few male nurses in my past, and they are every bit as good too...!!!!!

i don't believe anyone can "just be a nurse", just cuz they went to school for it..

it's an awful lot of work, hours, and very often double in not triple shifts.....especially in snow regions, when big storms hit, and no one can get in or out for some time.

Feedman and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    In ancient times, you would have been a king.

4. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you are only seeing "his side" maybe he was not a boy that was interested in things. maybe he thought he was gonna get the gold at the end of the rainbow?

many fathers JUST DO take better care of their daughters, in case they get a deadbeat boyfriend and MARRY HIM.....

ever think about that?

you obviously have no daughters.

but if you do, i'll be dollars to donuts, YOU TAKE better care of them, then you do any son(s) you have.

5. buddyd157

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    "KING BUDDY"........

i like the sound of that....

TripleSix Thanks this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Before men lived in cities, they lived in little villages. The king was the most capable warrior in the village. He worked like everyone else, lived like everyone else. His son had to go his own way. His daughter would become the wife of the next most capable warrior and upon the death of the king, her husband would become the new king. The kingship did not pass from father to son, it went from father to daughter. Only when they built cities and castles and big walls did that change. The kingship then passed from father to worthless son, and the daughters were married off to other worthless sons of other kings.

Your sons have to get their own kingdom, your daughters stayed in your kingdom, but they had to work really hard to get through nursing school. Well done.

Brettj3876, cleanbyrd, sawmill and 6 others Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I was about to say the same thing. Things have changed and the OP's dad is a little behind the times. He's hoping his girls are going to marry a rich man because most people don't make enough to enable a woman to stay at home

8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Did you have everything handed to you in life? You just give your kids everything they want too? Nothing wrong with making your kids earn their own way in the world, even if you are sitting on a pile of cash.

9. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL

What you DO have, is invaluable, PRIDE and SELF WORTH!!!!

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    You dad is stupid.

11. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    No stupid is letting your kids go through life thinking everything will be handed to them on a silver platter.

buddyd157, Midwest Trucker and RERM Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.