Made mistake on paper log-what now?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by chp56, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    We have company log books too. What I did was remove staples get one of those paper slicers. You know the old school ones. Slice the edges of punch holes and put in a 3 ring binder and now I got loose leaf.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If you have looseleaf throw that log away.If not write VOID across the page.Sometimes my log is so messy and cant see where I drew the line I redo another log.Did this last Monday as a matter of fact.

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Seriously? If I were to screw up on a paper log, I would find the nearest DOT officer immediately. Then pull my pants down and wait got my spanking. Tear the #### page out and do it again. Wow.

allniter, pattyj and BondJamesBond Thank this.
  5. n3ss

n3ss Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Call the DOT or visit the nearest scale house, and go in for confession.

Forgive me bureaucrat, for I have sinned

Oscar the KW Thanks this.
  6. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Sooooo, do I get the hint that you like getting spanked??? how many scribbled up logs do you have flying around in your bunk, lol....

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  7. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Question 12: May a driver use “white-out” liquid paper to correct a record of duty status entry?
    Guidance: Any method of correction would be acceptable so long as it does not negate the obligation of the driver to certify by his or her signature that all entries were made by the driver and are true and correct.

Pmracing and 123456 Thank this.
  8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    To borrow the punchline from a hunting joke: "You're not here for an inspection, are you?"

9. Mountain Hummingbird

Mountain Hummingbird Medium Load Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Well since we are confessing our sins, I have 2 cats one of them if you put anything paper on the floor will shred it to pieces. One time in Texas I had a bit of a problem with my current log, openned the book to the appropriate page dropped it on the floor as I pulled into the scale it is inspection blitz day, knew I would be looking at a fine. Cat attacked the book, paper was flying everywhere. The officer asked for my log book I looked down and said oh #### my cat attacked my logs. Handed him the shredded mess. No ticket but he made me make out log sheets for the past 8 days.

10. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Oh Man, Your good, sooo you put whiskers on a paper shredder and a cop bought it.....

11. EverywhereMan

EverywhereMan Medium Load Member

May 28, 2013
    The North
    What the DOT don't know ain't gonna hurt 'em. I've had more than a few pages magically find their way to the garbage can for a few reasons. Just keep them pretty neat and don't give them any reason to take a second look. Had my logs checked out three times in the past year and they always checked out fine.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.