Made the jump and booked my 1st load

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by W Bench Farms, Feb 27, 2021.

1. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    That's a bummer on their credit. Almost makes it a 'too good to be true' for me and for me, once bitten twice shy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I know that company. They run 40 or 50 trucks and are not a fraud. Not sure what happened with the credit score but I think it would be fine. They’ve been around a long time. At least 20 yrs.

Vampire and rollin coal Thank this.
  4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Yeah you can't always go by that. It's sort of like the 15 day lane average, which is an approximate or rough gauge. That's from my phone but if you go on the full website I think it will show a checkmark that they are factorable but I never use the full website. If factors are OK with them then they're paying their bills. And I've seen JB Hunt show as having a poor credit score, 84 or something like that, but they must be paying in a reasonable time frame otherwise we wouldn't be able to book with them.

Dino soar, Vampire and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    That is a nice old FLD you have there.

6. W Bench Farms

W Bench Farms Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Thank you sir! I kinda like it. We found it 4 or 5 years ago. Old man hauled a pneumatic trailer with it and was retiring. Have mainly used it on the farm. I gave $6k for it back then, and have put about $4k in it. Still needs a little TLC, but it goes up and down the road pretty good for an old truck. 6NZ Cat with a 10 speed. It's going to need a clutch and probably a transmission this year. Thinking of putting a 13 in it. I do most all of my own work, or I couldn't afford to have it. Had to put a set of shoes and an abs sensor on the trailer today, and replace some exhaust before it became a problem.

Dino soar, Cat sdp, Brettj3876 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    That guy is in debt to his eyeballs , he is even excited to buy a brand new boat since they started financing them for thirty years like houses.
    The click bait is pretty constant and the give aways are annoying.
    He does however give out what seems like some pretty solid information sometimes though
    I watch at double speed and fast forward until he is showing the loads he is bidding on.
    Aggressive is an understatement and he has even had brokers say they will never work with him because they are angry that his bids are all so unreasonable.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Vampire Thanks this.
  8. feldsforever

feldsforever Road Train Member

Nov 22, 2019
    I just wanna see the wife

Cat sdp and 86scotty Thank this.
  9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    JB Hunt has had a poor score for as long as I remember, therefore when I signed the agreement with them, I chose the Quick Pay terms (1.5% - 7 days) and they have never failed. Since 2018, they offer the free quick pay, if you utilize their 360 app. But that is not always consistent..sometimes you have to call their Accounts Payable to find out out why this load was assessed 1.5% fee and the other two were not.
    Still, JB Hunt can be a cash cow when times are good...so I don't care too much about their 1.5% or the score.

86scotty and feldsforever Thank this.
  10. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    How do you know he’s in debt? I’ve watched some of his videos but quit because it’s not really my style.

lester and feldsforever Thank this.
  11. S.V.Buyck

S.V.Buyck Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2015
    I watch him too and he seems to be doing well, he will not haul cheap freight. He runs to Florida a lot but has no problem coming back up to savannah or Jacksonville for good rates. He knows his lanes and he never takes a load for what a broker is offering. I actually like the guy and think if more people thought like him the industry would be better.

lester and The Crossword Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.