Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    Made it to Laredo. Texas is really big.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Well, attempted drop at Hopkins SV but was told we only drop dry loads and the person who could authorize wouldn't be there for a few hours. I'll try again after 10hr break at CR. Trying to get up to Waite Park (hopefully not what I'm really going to do, but that is a funny name for a shipper's location) and out of there before the wind and snow starts there then down to Sysco Jackson WI. Looks like they should have parking there on the street anyway. Del there Tues 0700 and find out what'll get me home. The Florida news sounds interesting except for the reload in ATL part...but what little good freight comes out of Florida was spoken for decades ago! Fargo and blizzard warning for Monday...winter is here.

4. Xeres63

Xeres63 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2016
    Scooter, why park on the street at Jackson? Here:
    Pioneer Plaza Truck Stop, Richfield, Wisconsin 53076 - Pioneer Plaza Truck Stop, US41, 3230 Pioneer Rd, Off 41, Nearest exit: 60, GPS: 43.28172, -88.19751

It’s about 3-4 miles from Sysco

sc00ter Thanks this.
  5. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. Magnum knows who had that trailer last. They know the condition of it at it's last check. If you pick up a trailer with damage you report it to Bridgette.

They won't take the time to find out who did it and report it on their DAC. But a driver who, is a good employee and reports it, will have it placed on their DAC.

sc00ter, Magnumite, Vic Firth and 2 others Thank this.
  6. mattbh23

mattbh23 Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Well, had an unwanted 34 at the house...don’t deliver until 23:00 in Sturtevant...then planned on load picking up out of Appleton going to Fargo. Once I am unloaded in Sturtevant, I am parking...been a busy Monday. We’re getting our bathroom redone and i’ve ripping and running getting a vanity and a toilet. Thankfully only 2 1/2 hours from the receiver. So a cat nap a nice cup of Pilot coffee will suffice.

7. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Or the Richfield Truck Stop just south at exit 57. Good food. Sawmill Inn up the hill is also good and has a bar if you need a hot toddy.

sc00ter and Xeres63 Thank this.
  8. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    It better not be on my DAC or I'll have the longest DAC in history.

sc00ter and WalterSobchak Thank this.
  9. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Not yours I meant if an employee did it and reported it.

WalterSobchak Thanks this.
  10. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak Medium Load Member

May 16, 2014
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Just woke up from a nap. Gonna be on graveyard shift the next two nights. Picking up later this evening at Lineage in San Antonio, TX going to Darian, WI for 11:00 Wednesday.

11. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Ah. Well, what can I say? Sometimes you just have to own your mistakes.

In my experience, where Magnum has shown the leniency is not knocking down your pay by taking points off on the safety metric. Or just plain firing someone. Assuming you self-reported and learned from the mistake that is. And I've seen some guys get away with some pretty monumental ####-ups, btw.

But they got to write it down somewhere, and now we all know when it's going to come out. Be prepared.

Feel bad for ncmickey and Xeres, walked in to job interviews thinking they had clean records, walked out feeling like a couple of schmucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.