Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Or you get a driver taught by an unnamed trainer, to extend the landing gear all the way to the ground and then crank it like 18 - 20 more times, then drop your bags and pull out......then it causes that problem for everyone. Especially when it's loaded and your trying to crank it down to tractor height.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    How many people hook up to a trailer with the air bags out? Because when i was hooking up a trailer with Mark in safety, im pretty sure he did it with the bags full. I could be wrong...

4. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    You drop with them deflated.
    Hook with them inflated that should help prevent high hooks.

5. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I must say I love going to the Western region planning area. Another load to the house just because.

6. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Thats what i was taught to do by a few people but now my trainer had me doing it differently. Keep them deflated get the fifth wheel under the apron, stop, inflate and lift trailer up, then continue backing up till you lock in the kingpin.

Doesnt sound wrong, just have to make sure you stop right when the fifth wheel is under apron.

7. dedrouteCO

dedrouteCO Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Vail, CO
    Going in deflated keeps you from scraping the grease off the fifth wheel. I don't always do it.

Jake997, Ray Strack and WalterSobchak Thank this.
  8. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    They are notorious for that, aren't they?

But you pointed it out right in your post. You f'ed up. Get out in that mud and crank it lower first.

Or, this would be one of the few occasions to drop the bags. No traction, get under it, then re-inflate, then check. But caution is called for. You back past the front drive, you're going to hit the reefer.

9. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Grease is cheap, reefers are not. Hook them with bags inflated.

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  10. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    It's not wrong if you always do it that way. Problem is, guys get in a hurry.

And always deflate when pulling out, and pull out gently, or you'll tear the back plate off the tractor. If you tear it off, Randy marks you down for a preventable. If you just bend it, they can notch it with a torch and he lets it slide. Back plate is $400, btw.

Hey, you were just through orientation, what did the insurance gal say was the yearly claim total?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    Ray Strack Thanks this.
  11. Pigbacon

Pigbacon Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2016
    Good thing they have a great driver like you. Probably the only one they have.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.