Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    @Oor ever take us hwy 183 to i80 to bypass denver? I appreciate the insight. Was on a phone conversation with other magnum drivers getting good advice too. Trainer was saying 7th gear should be cake walk down cabbage. I havent scaled out yet but with fuel, im guessing right now ill be rolling 78-79k judging by the bills.

sc00ter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    First and only time down Cabbage it was 03:30. Nice easy ride.

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  4. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    To skip Denver just hit the 470 toll around.

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  5. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    @Oor just curious. My nav is saying its faster. Was curious if thats because it cuts out denver, fort collins, and all that. But after scanning it with google earth, scratch that crap lol. Going through denver is the winner.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  6. Oor

Oor Road Train Member

Jan 11, 2012
    Depends on what time the gps thinks you're going to be going through a major city. It does matter what time it is when you hit "calculate".

I'd stay off those back highways in the winter till you get some experience in. It's no fun to get stuck out in the boondocks. Stay on the big road, more parking, food, fuel, and they're the first to get plowed.

Ray Strack Thanks this.
  7. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Yeah, Im starting to learn the majors are the smarter choice even if they are a little slower. Those back hwys could run you to places you dont want to be. Better safe than sorry. My goal is to red eye to colby, KS. Something like 579 miles.

8. RickyDickyDo

RickyDickyDo Heavy Load Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Loveland, Colorado
    470 to I 25 north, depending on what time you come thru. It can be a pain. Lot of rush hour traffic, a lot. I live in Loveland. Wind was gusting to 25 mph today. Durning the summer when you come thru on your way up to NW. Look at hwy 287 from Fort Collins to Laramie. Nice drive.

mattbh23 and ncmickey Thank this.
  9. mattbh23

mattbh23 Heavy Load Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Benton Harbor, MI
    Picked up a brokered load out of High Point and headed up to the Twin Cities, then booked on a 3 stopper to San Antone. Nice to be busy during the wknd and to keep moving through the beginning of next week.

I am parked over in Hurricane, WV...wanted to get that turnpike out the way before the storm hit.

Lowlite and Xeres63 Thank this.
  10. BIF MALIBU

BIF MALIBU Heavy Load Member

May 21, 2010
    lake cushman wa
    enjoying a mild winter in western wa
    news said snoqualmie closed EB for wrecks 3 times yesterday but was perfect conditions today
    supposed to be good this weekend with perfect weather sunday
    i been going up highway 12 to the foothills at morton twice a day and its always 40 -50 degrees

11. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Not a bad way to add $60 to your check. Hopefully youre in and out at the places.

mattbh23 and tank4life Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.