Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I just changed trucks again, sigh, and I am going from a 12 speed Volvo auto to a 12 speed Cascadia auto. Will be interesting to see how much difference there is between a Volvo 13 liter auto and a Detroit 15 liter auto.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    Never driven one of those trucks. My current truck is a 2019 Pete 579 with a Cummings and the eaton 12 speed auto. The truck is an animal. Governed at 70, bose speakers and the bose ride seat. I feel spoiled after driving a magnum truck.

mattbh23 and ncmickey Thank this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    In the near future we are getting some KW 680s in too. I may try one of those out too. Never been in one or driven one.

mattbh23 and ncmickey Thank this.
  5. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    I’ve been driving a Cascadia 12 speed auto. Smooth as a soap makers ### and a Jake brake that will put you through the windshield....
    I’m getting lazy with this thing.... easy to back up and a dream in traffic and in the mountains.....
    We don’t have APU’s so we idle all the time... which means regens and DPF problems though......

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    Bumper Thanks this.
  6. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    Glad I dont have to worry about an apu or regen. Day cabs rock. The 12 speed engine brake is cool, really like using the "stage 4" max setting. The auto definitely makes you lazy. Can really just race around moving freight.

mattbh23 and Bumper Thank this.
  7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    We don't have apus either. So I idle. I found out that this Cascadia does not idle over five minutes. But if I do the cruise control trick it idles forever. So I'm fine. I deliver in Arizona too much to have a truck that doesn't idle.

ncmickey Thanks this.
  8. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Same with ours bro!! Lol

Bumper Thanks this.
  9. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Mine is a Penske Lease. Not the usual yellow/blue Penske truck thank God. These are pretty well loaded. As long as it has an inverter and refrigerator, they do, I'm happy. I have my own microwave and tv if I want them. I am bringing my microwave in on Monday. Not that worried about a tv yet.

10. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Can I ask what the cruise control trick is?

11. Ray Strack

Oct 13, 2017
    While parked turn cruise on and hit the set button to rev it up

shogun Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.