Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC

Sure. Magnum visited the school i was in. When I graduated school I took a job working for a travelling dance competition. The tour lasted 5 months. Had a blast... but the money wasnt great and the tour ends in early July. So I contacted Magnum...cause I thought out of all the companies that came to the school, they stood apart....
    I went to Orientation in late July. Went solo late August.
    Training was me driving...NO team training. Trainer sits in the passenger seat. Trainee drives. Usually 4 weeks. I was suppose to train for 2-3 weeks since I had some experience. But my trainer had some planned hometime and they put me in a nice hotel for those 5 days...and we broke down in Texas for 5 days. I got paid for all those days.

Went solo end of August, got assigned a very nice 2010 Peterbilt with a fridge, inverter, and APU. After 6 weeks the called me I to the yard in Fargo and assigned me a brand new 2015 Peterbilt 579. It had 54 miles on it. Beautiful truck!
    My average run seems to be around 800- 1000 miles so far. Here is a typical run for me... came off Hometime and picked up a load in SC, delivered to CO, picked up another in CO and brought to Dickenson ND, then picked up in Jamestown ND and brought to Fort Worth Texas. Picked up in FT Worth and brought to Atlanta...going tomorrow to TN and getting a load to NC..then home for Thanksgiving...that will be my last about 12 days...I usually stay out 3 weeks but have a short time this time to get home cor thanksgiving and then ill stay out till xmas....everytime I have asked to go home, they got me home that day requested.
    They have alot of frieght in ND, MN, WI, OH, Il, IN, OK TX, SC, GA, NJ, and a few others. The time on the loads are nice...not too much or too little. Almost always have my next load or 2 or 3 before im at my present destination. Any questions ive had are answered quickly. otherwise, if you do your job you hsrdly hear from dispatch....just call when you know when and where you will be and they peoplenet you your next load....

My beefs are I think the health insurance is a bit expensive. But the pay and miles are excellent, so I would rather it that way then low miles and cheap insurance.... I payabout 250 a month for health, life, short time disability and vision insurances
    Ok...shoulda said beef... cause thats all I have....

I talked to another driver at a reciever and he said he didnt get the miles.... he also beotched about all the dispatchers, he was parked right where the guard on the way in said not to park... so I got the feeling the problem was him.
    If you want to run, they will keep you busy...they stress communication..... call, keep in contact with dispatch and they will keep you on the loads....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
    Gambosa, sc00ter, DC818 and 13 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ineedajob

ineedajob Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Wow thanks for the quick info. I graduate in January and I'm definitely applying there. Problem being I live in SC. It's not a problem for me but the company may not like that. Not sure how that works since I'm obviously not in the industry.

4. ncmickey

ncmickey Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Durham NC
    Call or email and ask if you are in the hiring area.
    Where in SC are you?

5. moraramis

moraramis Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    My nephew already applied to Magnum and is waiting for either Emily or Paul to give him a call once they get his background check done. Most rookies are just looking for a carrier to do their 1 year with so they can move on and get the real job they wanted, but it looks like Magnum may just be a starter company you might actually want to stick with after you've put your time in.

6. JRTBud87

JRTBud87 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Scio, Oregon
    Any freight going to Portland Oregon area?

7. moraramis

moraramis Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    This is a map of where they run. My nephew is from Arkansas where I'm from, and they are planning to hire him. So apparently you don't have to be near one of their terminals.

[​IMG]

Grijon Thanks this.
  8. JRTBud87

JRTBud87 Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Scio, Oregon
  9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    they only pay every other week if that is a concern

10. Interplanet Janet

Interplanet Janet Light Load Member

May 26, 2014
    Your location is fine. I don't see it being an issue.

Kstateag Thanks this.
  11. ineedajob

ineedajob Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Awesome thanks. I emailed their HR email address listed on the site just waiting on a response.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.