Magnum ltd - fargo, nd

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Interplanet Janet, Nov 17, 2014.

1. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    mom. A lot of these loads they just plan on a reschedule, a lot of our loads are customer pick ups.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ray Strack

Ray Strack Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2017
    My personal opinion is you'll go far with that dynamic thought process. Nothing is perfect. Credit is given enough to us drivers. The drivers that run "ragged" to make it happen. We make the economy turn. Don't forget what we do. Take pride In what you do. We are all a team. Dispatchers, drivers, etc... we do what we have to.

Muskie Thanks this.
  4. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Yeah, Muskie, I was just screwed on that one because of hours. I had 18 after I delivered to Quakertown til tues morning and that was a hot load that couldn't have been rescheduled. I know the planners really appreciate a heads up on an hour's conflict. At least here, they are willing to problem solve with the driver. If it can be worked out, great! If not, we tried. There are alot of us that prefer to run hard and get the resets. Others run 9 or so hours a day. To each his own but in my mind, running my clock out in 7 days and having to sit a day and either get a reset or have 10hr days to run with the next week is good. Then some loads or appt's won't work with that...we just roll with it. The icing on the cake is when the planners know you're word is good! They tell us in orientation that communication is key but when a driver has good solid answer and info before calling, that makes everyone's job alot easier. I offered to get that load to Chicago then she mentioned another driver was already here in NJ sitting. That driver, if it was you, could make the load. I got 2 days layover. I got a reset. I should be able to load Monday at 1500 and drop at Gaylord late Tues night. Already msg'd Matt O what my plan is and will prob get a call from him later today or Tues morning. I really appreciate ops working with us to Max out loads and times.

Muskie Thanks this.
  5. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Dude what else are they getting paid to do? I mean how long does it take to dial a phone number?

6. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Your right. But that is the job. I didn't say it was easy. I said the enough on their plate comment was ridiculous. That is exactly what they get paid to do.

7. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Quite frankly operations is nothing more than overhead for any trucking company. The only revenue producer's are the driver's. Operations gets paid to do exactly what they do. That is the job.

8. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    So you are saying one person is dispatching 100 trucks? Everyday?

9. sc00ter

sc00ter Medium Load Member

Jeff18 obviously you've never spent a day in ops. Anything and everything that comes up creates a domino affect that can take hours to solve getting loads attached to trucks. Breakdowns, appt updates or cancellations, driver issues with illness or delays because of traffic...the list is endless. Every one of those affects everything else. If they weren't needed, they wouldn't be on the payroll. To say their jobs are not really needed or that they're just there to be there is enough to let anyone you know you truly don't know or don't appreciate why they are there. Oh, and each of our DMs have side jobs as well, one is the fleet efficiency coordinator, another handles all detention requests, another home time, and so on. We didn't used to have DMs not too long ago and there are a bunch of us that like that they're in the seat now. If anything, it's made life easier for the planners and drivers!

Nateman482 Thanks this.
  10. jeff18

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Certainly. I assume from your comments that you of course have been in operations? Fact. That is what they get paid to do. Nothing else. If they are that swamped? Then company needs to address manpower.

11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    When I worked in operations I did 65 every day. Customers taking 3-4 hours to respond to issues, Signing rate confirmation sheets with brokers, All this crap doesn’t happen in just 10 minutes.
    Numbers are not real but why would hire 20 employees when you only need 20 for 10 hours a week (Monday am and Friday afternoon) rest of the week you only need 10. You make a compromise and have 12 or 13. Or should they hire the 20 and reduce your pay to offset the expense.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.