Maintenance Shop or Not

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by $ilver, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Better yet become a certified mechanic, buy a truck and do your own repairs.
    Then all you wait on is parts and shoddy maintenance is on you.

Personally I find it better in my case that after I clock out, it is all somebody's problem other than mine.

baha Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Several decent Chemical Tank companies out there. Time to jump.

4. jason6541

jason6541 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Operations and bean counters see vehicle maintenance as a expense. They don’t see the savings and profit that being proactive and keeping things in top shape. First thing companies look to cut is maintenance costs.
    Start using no name off the wall knock off parts.
    No name cheap ### bulk oil and filters and grease. next the cheap ### ling chow tires
    Been a shop foreman and a maintenance director. Happiest in a truck that I own and do as I please. so do your pretrip and write ups and be safe and adopt the attitude it isn’t my truck, control what you can and take care of it as much as your able to.
    fleets look at equipment as a necessary evil and strictly as tools.
    Just like they like to blow smoke up your ### that as a driver your a Valuable member of the team.
    Only because AI hasn’t been perfected yet. As soon as the lump of meat in the seat can be replaced. We will all be gone. Thankfully that’s decades away.

LoboSolo and Dennixx Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.