Major Hurricane Florence Landfalling Hatteras Light NC

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by x1Heavy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That's a luxury for a couple of mental hospital patients.

Then again, it would have been indefensible now that the information came out these two stupid deputies drove AROUND a barricade?

I best be quiet before I type myself into more lather than I am already. That's a hard way to go I think. Custody the way I understand it is also taking care of those who cannot take care of themselves and made helpless by handcuffs.

I can think of a number of drugs that will have knocked them down well enough without handcuffs. Essentially chemical restraints.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Sounds like it they only had to be moved by the drs order where they were at, and then because of the storm they were to be moved to escape it. The ladies insurance companies would only pay for them at certain locations. The daughter questioning this said her mom went to a regular dr visit and she expected her home and planned on watching movies and eating popcorn with her. I didn't know drs could commit a person that fast usually, but I think it was a self-commit. Seems like the drs should have known there was flooding also going on.

4. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    tucker and x1Heavy Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Any doctor has the power to ship anyone to a 72 hour hold in a few minutes in a secure facility. If the person is sufficiently violent it will be a 5 day hold. They also have the power to ship a person to a nursing home or assisted living or long term care ICU etc. Sometimes someone gets smashed up really badly and they cannot take car of themselves for months if they live.

Family court does have the power with a sufficient hearing and ruling on the case to take anyone into state custody or commitment. A doctor can decree you are committed if necessary. You don't have a say.

A long time ago one doctor in my life at 4 was thinking that I should go to springfield maryland at the insitution there and live out my days under insitutional rules such as no touching or talking etc. It is extremely fortunate parents took me to another doctor. That doctor sat in a corner of a room with toys. I started working on those toys. The doctor called my name properly a few times. Then raised his voice volume and really called me.

Yes?

Bingo. This boy is deaf, aint nothing wrong with him. Get him into the new deaf school We will get this one sorted really quick.

The 4 years I had in there was essentially a freedom train, straight A's speech training and so on. Everything. When I was in at 6 my first year, I was still at 2 years old, way behind everyone else my age. So that 4 years I not only caught up but in some areas burnt through not only the books inside the kiddie library but got into one of the Officer's own library and started working through college level books. This was in the mid 70's

They sent me into a elementry school across the street for three months to see what will happen. And essentially OMG stand back, he's raising hell. I was sent to the big school the following year until highschool. No deafs around.

That was both a blessing and a curse.

To this day I think of the trainables who will never marry, never love, never raise a family never anything. Never buy a home etc. Never do anything. I also remember some of my classmates who are just dishwasher. Hand em a few towels, soap and a sink full of dishes. And that is all they are good for.

Its not the fault of the children doing dishes at 25 maxed out in the job skills in the work shop. When they found out what I was fixing to do besides doing a bit of flying (Navigation was way better in those days long before 9-11, even around Dulles and BWI etc) and get into trucking. That was a really really big deal. Not many in my school got away with stuff like that. They are still doing dishes.

It;s not much of a life. But it is living I suppose.

tucker and mjd4277 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.