Making the best of a bad cdl school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by dommac, Mar 21, 2019.

1. humpingvan

humpingvan Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    After 2 1/2 months total the difference in the 100 hour and the 160 hour “professional” program is, 100 hour you get no behind the wheel nor any instructor lead training until you pass a pre-trip evaluation. 100 hour they can schedule whenever they like and deny you any training that isn’t instructor led if you aren’t available for their entire business week ( meaning you must stop working or work overnight aka 3rd shift). And not all equipment will be available for training that isn’t instructor led.

So I am done with them. I just wait until I can pay someone else to train me because there isn’t any consistency in availability of equipment. I didn’t sign up to go without a paycheck with no end in sight.

At least I audio recorded every minute I was on their property to prove any assertions or claims I have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. humpingvan

Mar 24, 2019
    I called and spoke to 7 different people/offices at MNDOT, the FMCSA, USDOT and emailed Derek Kan who is the undersecretary of policy at USDOT.

I am going to figure out how to address my complaints without litigating.

If commercial trucking driving schools training is going to be required in 2020 the feds have to regulate these hustlers and conartists

4. pzarkov

pzarkov Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2019
    My first day : Cabin inspection, pre - trip inspection study on the yard.
    Second day: Cabin inspection, pre - trip inspection,Start backing tanning on the yard.
    Third day and next day :Cabin inspection, pre - trip inspection, Backing again and offset backing..
    5-6 day Again: Cabin inspection, pre - trip inspection,Backing again and offset backing
    3-4 people on the truck. One by one. 5-6 hours a day. Weekends only .
    Manual ,53" long....

5. humpingvan

Mar 24, 2019

It sounds like there is enough tractor trucks and instructors to match the student ratio.....

6. pzarkov

Feb 19, 2019
    You have to study not from instructors. Mors excpirianse guys helps you.
    We have 3 trucks, but one is alweys on the road for road training.2 instructors.

7. humpingvan

Mar 24, 2019

How many students at the school on one day?

8. pzarkov

Feb 19, 2019
  9. humpingvan

Mar 24, 2019
    125 students and they schedule 4 students to an instructor a day. 5 instructors and 6 tractor trucks that’s only 20 students a day out of 125 . And that’s why some students wait 4-6 months.

10. pzarkov

Feb 19, 2019
  11. humpingvan

Mar 24, 2019

I figured out the person within FMCSA to contact and the chairman of the committee who oversees this is John Thune of South Dakota.

I audio recorded every moment I was on the training school’s property so this weekend I am going through the audio recordings and compose a letter to persons of interest.

The training was paid for by a nonprofit and the coordinator of the program stated I had to wait for 45 other program participants to finish before I would get instructor led training. Some of these participants had started in October 2018. I was told this 2 months into the program not at the start.

The school takes the money and expects over half of the students from this nonprofit program to quit.

So basically it’s s form of fraud with government monies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.