Making the leap int a lease. Can get a few thoughts???

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by ther3v3r, Nov 3, 2013.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    The main point and deterent is from people who are experienced drivers who either have leased or hasn't... comTo many people get in thinking they are gonna make tons compared to the company driver...

saddleup Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    SDM- because there are hundreds of threads giving detailed reasons why, it gets old and repetetive. But most wont listen because they have stara in thier eyes about money, imagined freedom, an a shiny truck.

4. select stay

select stay Light Load Member

Mar 10, 2011
    greeley co
    thanks for the congrat rember the devil will hold you back cause of fear fear his of the devil god wants great things for his people step out on faith hay if you ask god to lead you he will rember when walking with jesus he will guide you to the fellow believers to suceed

5. ther3v3r

ther3v3r Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Colorado
    Select stay thanks. I prayed and thought about it and decided to wait. I think I will either stay with this small outfit or go to MVT. Any thoughts? I cannot find out much about them.

6. big ray

big ray Bobtail Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Pikeville,Nc
    Ive been at Western Flyer a year as a company driver, they have lots of miles but treat company and o/o like crap. O/O are also forced disp, don't let them lie to you. The truck you will get is a old Stevens KW that will have over a million miles, it has had most likely over a 100 drivers assigned to it and they are falling apart. They do have bumper to bumper on them but every lease driver ive talked to spends a lot of time in hotels because of break downs. Also the place is run by a little man named Carlin, he hates drivers and treats then as such. If you leave them you will not get a last check because they find any reason they can to screw you out of it. I quit not so long ago and have been a driver for over 18 yrs. They are trying to follow CR England's way of doing things. They took 250.00 out of my last check for truck cleaning, im a Marine, that truck was spotless. They are trying to make money off the driver any way they can. If you don't believe me by all means take the leap. They are a up and coming bottom feeder like the rest of them. Good luck my friend.

7. Flatbedder73

Flatbedder73 Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Langhorne, PA
    Does Jesus pay percentage?

Ming-ming Thanks this.
  8. saddleup

saddleup Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2011
    magnolia, ky

Maybe because we have tried this so called lease purchase our selves in the past and trying to help someone not to make the same mistake. On average it will cost .85 a mile just for fuel then add irp, insurance, maintance, you have to eat, the wife needs money to pay bills, no lets think this through, say they are generous and pay .90 for all miles, do you really think .05 per mile will pay for everything else.

9. saddleup

saddleup Light Load Member

Sep 30, 2011
    magnolia, ky
    and another thought, have none ever wandered why all these lease purchase companies have been useing the same photo of the completed buy out programs, and never a new or updated. thats because it don't happen, truck companies are not truck dealers and you think there helping you by selling you the piece of crap they won't keep sinking money into.

10. Ming-ming

Ming-ming Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2013
    i agree, bud.i'm all for religious freedom and have no problem with what anyone believes, but i'm here because i'm looking for help and advice on trucking.this isn't a religion forum.

11. 8-j

8-j Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2013
    % pay means it has nothing to do with the miles. You're getting a % of what the customer paid, plain and simple. It can be more or less per mile than you would have gotten from a cpm company. You have to strategize to find routes that pay the most possible $ per mile, but usually you also get to choose for yourself where to run. Higher risk.

But the main issue is knowing the company's strategy. If they're cpm, then likely they will send you on runs that would have paid more on%. If they're %, then they'll likely offer you runs that would have paid more as cpm whenever they can.

bigtruckin89 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.