Man, I miss Radio Shack

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Timin770, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Not sure if they have any stores left but they don't have as many as they did in the mid 70's when CB sales accounted for 30% of their revenue

Shaggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    We still have a business locally carrying what they have, and apparently, they sell online, as well.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I missed out on the liquidation of three privately own stores, he sold everything that was left in the store - EVERYTHING for $1000. It took three trips for the guy who bought it all to get it all out of the store with his trailer and pickup.

KB3MMX, rabbiporkchop and Timin770 Thank this.
  5. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    On the wrong side of history. Apparently a racist company. Only old white men and a few Asians could use the majority of SKUs. Good riddance.

BTShepp Thanks this.
  6. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    How is selling soldering equipment a racist thing?

Please indulge me.

KB3MMX, 25(2)+2, Oxbow and 2 others Thank this.
  7. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

They still have stores. I can second that.

We have one here on the sandbar. Our only store of that type.

Had to actually go there recently for something I needed for my tower at home. Was more expensive then if I had gone online but I needed it asap and they had what I needed.

I don't frequent them all the time but it seems like when I do it's when I need something I can't get anywhere else locally.

Far as them being racist I have no clue about all that. If I let stores actions dictate where I shopped...I'd never shop. My store seems to treat everyone equally. So til I see it in person or get more info...I'll continue to go there as needed.

I think my Radio Shack is a franchise. Which might explain why they still exist here on my sandbar.

Stay safe.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Beep! - R2D2

25(2)+2 and homeskillet Thank this.
  8. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA

I think he is just horsing around LOL

speedyk and TankerP Thank this.
  9. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    I’m getting old and progress has left me behind. I can no longer tell if I’m reading The Onion or The New York Times.

10. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    The word "racist" is so over-used and mis-used these days you never know. Look at a guy cross-eyed and it's "racist". I condemn and deplore actual racism but it shouldn't be cheapened by using it as a one-size-fits-all word. A guy told me the reason Gwinnett County GA does not want MARTA to expand into the county is racism. I always figured Gwinnett County looked realistically at MARTA and observed what a money pit it had become, never making anywhere near enough money to even support itself. If it is Gwinnett County's intention to keep out minorities they are doing a crappy job because anybody with a buck or two can step off a MARTA bus and right onto a connecting Gwinnett bus

11. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    MARTA made it easier for thieves to scope the territory in daylight. They return after dark in the older ones hooptie. That’s part of what killed DeKalb thirty years ago before Section 8 took off in the past dozen years. Pretty well same pattern with new rail transit everywhere.

Of course I’m horsing around. RS was a valuable resource. Now we’re stuck with online ordering. No surprise, that. Wouldn’t want you dangerous deplorables to be self-sufficient in comms.

And wouldn’t want you to just wander in and maybe impulse buy an inexpensive but decent meter to measure RFI or EMF now would we? More uses than just radio problem solving.

Say, have you hit the tool department at Sears, lately? (Oh, wait . . . )

Selling tools or parts or gear we “woke” Americans can’t understand with an extra-short video, well, that’s discriminatory. Has to go.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    KB3MMX and Timin770 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.