Man stored thousands of litres of rainwater for future use.

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Aug 12, 2022.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes many years ago it was illegal to have your own rain water tank if you lived in the city limits, we had a farm and always had rain water tanks I just remember how sweet it used to taste free of all that chlorine and fluoride.Now with all the water shortage problems its becoming obvious how ridiculous the ban on rain water tanks is, and a lot more municipalities are allowing rainwater tanks or at the very least those storage tanks that have a pump usually it can only be used for the laundry and the toilet, but not showers funny because its the shower that wastes the most water. Some also allow grey water systems where by all the waste water from the shower, sink, and laundry are collected and can be used to water the yard. The argument the city councils use is that bacteria in rain water can cause health issues because its not treated.

3. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i went thru that list, looks like no where it is illegal.

as it is, from my point of view, in my neighborhood that i see?

maybe half a dozen homes have a collection system for the rain water.

out of what, like half a million that let it run off into the storm drains?

i don't believe my city, or state is suffering from the few that collect the rain waters.

4. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    There's some folks around my neighborhood that have rain barrels attached to a gutter system. And they use it to irrigate their gardening projects
    I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Also when I was younger I spent alot of time in the Bahamas in the less touristy areas. And that was their only source of fresh water. Every house or business had a big cement cistern attached to it.

5. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    I'm trying to see how it is even news worthy. Most homesteading already do it.

Boondock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.