Manager wants to ride with me?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by JSanborn103, May 13, 2021.

1. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    I had the safety guy come with me one time...it was winter....snow on the ground and ####.....I turned the ac on one setting below the max.

Said I don't get cold and heat makes me tired.

He was over there shivering like a sissy and immediately ran out of my truck into the warm weather.

I also played formula one driving back empty with my trash inside....middle of the night...county roads....state routes...booking it 40-50 around big downhill curves thru forests.

He never rode with me again. :D

nredfor88 and Speed_Drums Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    At schlumberger safety had to do so many ride alongs per year. One time one of the guys blew a steer and managed to save it. Lol i bet she dreaded every ride along after that one.

Don't worry that'll just make it worse. When i was doing food service they would shadow you and not even tell you about it. Always bring your A game. We had some routes that it was almost impossible to be on time the last 5 stores of the run and they eventually scheduled it better

4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Lol

slow.rider Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Many years ago I had a safety critter tell me they were going with me on a short run down to Macon and back to Atlanta. I said get in. The most fun I ever had with a ride-a-long was a female safety person that questioned why it was easier to set off the hard brake system bobtail than with a trailer. I made her get in the driver's seat at the terminal and drive the truck (auto shift) both bobtail and with a trailer. She walked away and said she would never question my word about a hard brake event ever again.

nredfor88, JoeyJunk, alds and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Don’t sweat it driver. What’s the worst thing gonna happen? Get fired, throw a pebble get hired where it lands.

Do your normal thing, when it comes to your hour break just explain you need to get out stretch your legs and get some food.

If a company fires you for taking a break they’re not worth working for. Took a while to learn that myself.
    Heck if you’re that worried about it start the break by saying “have to find a restroom”

7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    I think you are worried about nothing. Just do your day like you do your day every other day. Like someone mentioned above, he'll probably buy you lunch and thank you for doing such a great job for the Company

nredfor88, JoeyJunk, alds and 2 others Thank this.
  8. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    Ya man just calm down. I’m sure it’s just a normal deal. If he had a problem with you he’d say something like, “can you step into my office for a bit?” That’s when you get nervous lol.

9. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    As long as he doesn't refer to you as "good buddy" or walk with a sashay you're most likely
    just going to be evaluated

10. mpd240

mpd240 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Minnesota
    Bring him a pair of gloves and tell him you expect a verity in the donuts he brings and they should be warm. Sharing is a requirement if he doesn’t want to walk back to the terminal.

JoeyJunk, Dockbumper and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  11. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Where does this #### come from? I’ve heard it a few time but what’s the source?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.