Mandatory D.O.T training

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by lwlevens, Jun 20, 2018.

1. lwlevens

lwlevens Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Got a new D.O.T number about 2 months ago,got this letter from supervisor compliance training dept. Its an 2 hour online course for 99.00 mandatory drug and alcohol awareness program,or face the possibility of being in violation of section 49 of the fmsca. Is this something I need to do or is this some Co. trying to get me for 99.00. Thanks.Guys.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Your drug testing consortium usually provides this training as part of your membership. Basically it is required training for supervisors to learn how to spot impared employees and be legally able to order a reasonable suspicion drug or alcohol test.

4. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    Do not fall for any of those consortium calls or emails!!!!!! I fell for that crap and got swindled for 500 dollars. They act like they are part of dot and etc. I paid and then searched. Called them back and demanded a refund. They would not refund me and I called my bank. My bank took care of those ######## and refunded my money. They start texting me threatening messages I didn’t respond to. To be compliant is only 60 dollars through the same dr you go to for your dot physical. You do not need drug testing training for your employees pal. You just need to be enrolled in random drug screening through your dot doctor. Don’t fall for any of these scams. These scams are posted on dot website

Rounded_nut Thanks this.
  5. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Correct many of the solicitations you will get after obtaining a DOT number are agressive and borderline lies, however YES you must have a supervisor trained in reasonable suspicion for a compliant drug and alcohol testing program. This isn't omplicated, just a video and quiz and usually can be obtained for free or low cost from your drug testing provider. Without a trained supervisor you can not legally order a reasonable suspicion test when you rhink one of your drivers may be on drugs.

Now, to address your part about not needing a consortium, that is false unless you have enough employees to make your own random pool you must be enrolled in a program with other drivers, which may be available from your local medical examiner. Most likely not, many only are collection sites and don't administer their own random pool.

wis bang, Bean Jr. and Cam Roberts Thank this.
  6. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    Thanks for corrections on my post and clarification buddy

7. lwlevens

lwlevens Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Wow ok guys thanks for the help and the info.

8. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    Do not pay a dime to anyone and do not respond to anyone that appears to be fmcsa. Conduct all compliance through your regular dot med card doctor. They will answer all questions you have and set you up to be compliant. It should be illegal for all the solicitation and lying

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Its like 34$ to take I took it a month ago not even a hour long. Real easy test

10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    JJ Keller must be doing fraud then. When you have more than 1 driver you must have someone qualified for drug and alcohol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.