Marching Band Walks Off Field During National Anthem

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Chinatown, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    By Todd Starnes/Twitter
    Ames High School has the unfortunate distinction of having one of the most un-American marching bands in the nation.
    More than a dozen members of the band linked arms and walked off the football field Friday night during a performance of “The Star-Spangled Banner.” An untold number of other band members refused to play their instruments.
    It was absolutely disgraceful. Sickening.
    The children who staged the musical insurrection told local reporters they did so to protest all sorts of social maladies.

“How can we be unified if there’s racism, sexism and homophobia in our school,” one of the teenage malcontents told the Des Moines Register.
    They denied they were disrespecting the flag or the military even though they really were disrespecting the flag and the military.
    "It was an expression of my anger and sadness in the direction our country is heading," one of the budding anarchists told the newspaper. "It’s to express I stand with people who are feeling persecuted or marginalized by the current president or people in power."
    There are two issues that need to be addressed:
    First, the school district must deal swiftly to put down this anti-American uprising within the marching band. Those students who chose not to play and those who marched off the field should be immediately removed from the roster.
    School leaders must not coddle or tolerate a bunch of petulant and belligerent children dishonoring the U.S. Military or the National Anthem.
    The school’s band director declined to comment so we do not know if he had prior knowledge of the protest. Regardless, it is clear the band director does not have control over his program. And the principal clearly does not have control over the school.
    The Ames Tribune reports that the students originally intended to take a knee on the field, but Principal Spence Evans rejected that plan.
    The newspaper reports the principal told them to stay in the band section if they chose not to play. Oh, so the principal knew about this in advance? Well, that should be an easy decision for the taxpayer-funded school district – fire the principal.
    The school district needs to send a clear message to the student body and the taxpayer-funded employees – there are consequences for disobeying the rules. If that means disbanding the marching band, so be it. If that means firing the employees, so be it.
    Second, the parents who allowed their children to publicly dishonor must also be held accountable. What kind of a person raises their kids to hate America? Why didn’t parents snatch their kids by the ear and drag them out of that stadium?
    What happened in Ames, Iowa should be a wakeup call to the nation. One minute these little anarchists-in-training are wielding trombones, and the next minute they’re wielding baseball bats and burning down city blocks.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chasingthesky

Chasingthesky Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Wtf is wrong with you? Where did this submission and allegiance at all costs come from? Equating taking a knee with burning down city blocks? Jesus man. Their actions aren't anti American. That's the narrative YOU people are spinning in order to conveniently ignore the real reason. Kap, the originator, stated his reasons from the beginning and they had nothing to do with the flag or the military. He took advice from a freaking Green Beret to kneel instead of sit as that was the more respectful option.

DLvbSkvUQAAAAZ5.jpg

C & C, pattyj, special-k and 3 others Thank this.
  4. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    It's too much to ask for the cops to quit killing black people. Police brutality is the American way.

nax Thanks this.
  5. Chasingthesky

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    Apparently

Screenshot_20171015-230859.jpg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
    C & C, special-k, nax and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Instead of "taking a knee" just wear knee pads 24/7 and we'll understand your problem; we'll see what you're gettin' at.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Swedish Chef, Mr Ed, dse1981 and 3 others Thank this.
  7. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I suggest those who think they have it so bad here should go live in Somalia for a while.

8. Chasingthesky

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    "It could always be worse" is a horrible argument because you're implying nothing should be done to improve a situation until it can't get any worse. So what if it could be worse. It could be better too.

9. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

As Johnny Cash once sang in regards to the American Flag...

She waved from our ships upon the briny foam
    and now they've about quit wavin' back here at home
    in her own good land here She's been abused,
    She's been burned, dishonored, denied an' refused,
    And the government for which she stands
    Has been scandalized throughout out the land.
    And she's getting thread bare, and she's wearin' thin,
    But she's in good shape, for the shape she's in.
    Cause she's been through the fire before
    and i believe she can take a whole lot more.

After making it through all that...I'm pretty sure the flag can take a little kneeling.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

"Loyalty to the Nation all the time. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    "So we raise her up every morning
    And we bring her down slow every night,
    We don't let her touch the ground,
    And we fold her up right.
    On second thought
    I *do* like to brag
    Cause I'm mighty proud of
    That Ragged Old Flag" - Johnny Cash Ragged Ol' Flag

10. nax

nax Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2016
    special-k and Chasingthesky Thank this.
  11. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    The #### you mean 'You people'?

You think taking a divide and making the divide larger by saying something as dumb as that is going to help your case?

You have more melanin in your skin than I do. I don't care. You didn't choose your color & you know what - neither did I.

Don't act like a flake around the police and you might save your skin. Hands in sight. Answer questions quickly and with a respectful tone. Act like an ###, guess how you'll be treated.... Black or white.

Keep your #### political movements out of my sports. Go to CNN with that junk.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.