MarK Martin's Trucking (J-Mar Trucking)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by buck and a half, May 5, 2007.

1. cactusjack

cactusjack Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    oklahoma
    double post

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zedanny

zedanny Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    Montford only got the reputation because they run empty home from the east coast. Hell anybody can run fast with a empty trailer.
    J Mar express doe's not run solo except a couple of drivers that run east coast.
    If you don't know what they pay the you should just be quite.Have you ever called Dayton in Searcy Ar. and ask what they pay?
    Jmi was owned by Julian Martin only.

4. zedanny

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa

cactusjack You gonna give me credit for stealing my post Friend. Check(post 37) where I posted the link . Danny:biggrin_2551:

Rick Brown, cactusjack and LindaLou Thank this.
  5. cactusjack

cactusjack Medium Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    oklahoma
    i just thought i would bring it up on here so some folks could access the information with out going to another site.....
    It is actually an great history page that needs to be shared on here and yes i saw your link .....
    Yes sir you get the credit for sure..... Well played sir!

zedanny Thanks this.
  6. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    while you are right with the speeds of the old days company trucks. I'm gonna have to fall out with you on the inspection will truck turn over 2100.. Cmon man and you really topped it off with cummings there is no such engine.. Sounds like you have listened to alot of stories

7. zedanny

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    I haven't driven the newer engines but I did drive a lot of the older one when they were new.
    Most of the older ones would turn 2300 .Matter of fact it use to be standard to shift at 21.50 rpm high side and 1800 on the low side. If you let it drop below 1800 you were lugging the truck.
    I drove for a guy for several years Bob smith out of K.C.Kns. that once turned my truck up to 2500 rpm's
    It was a 290 Cummings you had to really be careful you didn't melt the engine down.
    Then there J&J truck leasing out of Kansas City Mo. Virgil Jenkins was the owner .back in the early 60's he had a bunch of KW's with 250 Cummings that we hauled swinging pork from Ia. to Ca.
    I stopped at Sidney Diesel in Sidney Nb. and had the rail pressure turned up . I ask the guy isn't that set kinda hot ? His reply was son it's never to hot till it melts the trailer lights. About ever two months we would have to replace the stack because it would burn it off.
    I don't know if you all ever drove a non turbo Cummings engine but at night you could see fire at the top of the stack.
    Take care friends Danny

cactusjack Thanks this.
  8. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    Used to run OKC to LA and ran with them and Chris. a lot. Ungoverned Petes?? We had Petes but they were geared out 91 MPH at 2100 RPM. Just a big CAT. The Cummins would turn 2250. Got passed on the uphill by a loaded Ebnd produce truck that smoked really bad when he stood on it. Got to the top and it was an Allis Chalmers engine with an Allison Automatic. Driver said it would overheat coming up the mtn but run the speed limit. Saw 3 Ford caboves with huge stacks, like 20 in single, teyw ere running turbines but had trouble w/gearing and fuel consumption.

cactusjack Thanks this.
  9. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    WE made $600-$700/week too and that was in the late 70s.

cactusjack Thanks this.
  10. zedanny

Sep 18, 2008
    Arkansasa
    Heck i was making 6 or 7 hundred in the 60's

cactusjack Thanks this.
  11. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Drivers are making the same today.

cactusjack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.