Mark S. @ Fine Tune CB (Hardrive)

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Evvy Thomas, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ortagusg

Ortagusg Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2020
    The guy might be the best ever but his attitude and the way he handles paying customers is just outrageous.......I’ll buy trash radios every other month for 400 to 500 bucks before I spend a penny with mark‼️

112racing Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No one is the best.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada

You will be poor at that rate and still not have the performance you want from a radio....
    Being totally honest and not adding bs but if your listening and doin everythinghe says without almost no question,he is a good guy...Now if he feels you dont listen ect well then no matter how much you spent "YOUR OUT"
    For some reason he feels i didnt listen but i have 2 of his radios,one of which i would like to update some but cant....Hell i live in eastern canada and never see that area...So its nice chunk of change to buy/send radio(s) to and from plus the work and acc,add exchange an all but i did it cause i have faith in his work....I agree in a way that some of his antics are a lil overboard but still we all have faults..
    I love it when my hpc2 or my 955 is picked outta the crowd or called big radio when its not amped or anything..

Sometimes ya just bite your tongue and go with the flow to get what ya want....

Think of it when you wanna buy a semi major purchase and your mrs says no no no..What do you do,ya smooze a lil..

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Welcome to the forum Dave or Dave's friend.

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    This sums it up beautifully.
    [​IMG]

8. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Oh please rabbi, you can drop the defense of Mark.

112racing Thanks this.
  9. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Ridge..Im not gonna take sides one way or the other..
    BUT

Mark has given me the best sounding radios i ever had..He has taught me a few things(you did to)and so has rabbi...
    Now i also enjoy(Dont always understand the tech stuff)your input on subjects,love the varity...
    I will say rabbi totally belives in mark and his work...I have had pvt discussions about it and so he is entitled to his thoughts....Just as your entitled to yours....

I also see how rabbi defends mark to the end and back BUT(yes that word again)again rabbi and i have had brief pvt discussions re that so i see his point...Add the fact that rabbi has shown alot of people here alot of proof of various stuff through mark and again you have shown tons as well...

Yes now im rambleing but point is let everyone "Discuss" to who they feel is right or wrong in aspects the radio stuff..

10. Ridgeline

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
  11. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well cant give a fella static cause of who believes does good work..
    No diff if someone was doin the same if it was bobs or any other shop..

12. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Talk is cheap.
    It's been 3 years and you still haven't shown us anything. YAWN.... We're still waiting... Without being able to rectify the linearity problems of these cheap 10 meter exports you'll never achieve anything remotely close to this. Remember that Anytone radio you threw in the garbage can because you couldn't make it perform like this?

13. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    I stand corrected it's been 4 years since that video came out and nobody on planet eath has been able to replicate those results. That video was deliberately titled as a challenge for someone to replicate it and nobody has been able to do it. These things are nasty right out of the Box, but the minute a golden screw driver thinks he can increase the modulation 2% he's automatically increased distortion, and decreased the performance of the radio unless he's figured out how to fix the linearity issues first which no one else seems to be able to accomplish.
    If you can't see it on your scope you'd never be able to fix it. A service manual will never get you there because the factory components can't be utilized.
    Service manual will get you roughly in the ballpark but that's as far as you can go using the factory transistors.

• Truckers Report Jobs