Mark S. @ Fine Tune CB (Hardrive)

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Evvy Thomas, Mar 24, 2016.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    No crystal ball. Just real world experience. Bob's shop is only 196 miles from my house.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    @rabbiporkchop ..............I have a question for you.
    What do you suggest those of us among "The Great Unwashed" do if we don't pass muster with Mr. Sherman? Many, I believe, have tried to contact him and were unsuccessful! Or asked the wrong question! Or, in my case, I guess, not being awake to take his call due to weird hours in the trucking business. He says he tried to call, but I never received a call, I was told told "Goodbye" and was blocked. I want and have had radios that perform better than stock. I've watched many of his videos, still do, and have learned a few things (minus the pissing match videos about various other techs).
    So what are your suggestions? I'm willing to spend some money on this hobby. Even what is rumored that he charges for a 955. Jeez I just dropped $200 on a West Mountain DSP speaker which is a real nice unit, albeit a bit pricey.
    So what do the rest of us do?
    Inquiring minds want to know........

JD

black_dog106 Thanks this.
  4. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    BTW...........I will be just fine and figure some things out!
    It's all good!

JD

5. Meteorgray

Meteorgray Heavy Load Member

Jan 1, 2016

6. Night Stalker10

Night Stalker10 Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2017

You just keep your money in your pocket and enjoy CB radio as it was meant to be.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  7. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    If this guy was as good as portrayed, he'd have more than just one cheerleader

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    His work is good, not always the best but good.

He has his cheerleaders, some of them go overboard and attack people who question their god while others provide good reasoning what he does and why they like their radio after he worked on it or sold it to him.

Tall Mike, Timin770 and jdchet Thank this.
  9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Jd

keyword that is so important, HOBBY. Many act like this is a life and death thing, when it isn’t.

10. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    I agree completely!
    I tend to get twisted up by folks that, in my opinion, say that if you're buying a modified radio and you didn't get it from "so and so" you're a dope and you've been taken to the cleaners! Can and do we make mistakes? Yup! They're our mistakes to make! Some reasonable suggestions to avoid those mistakes would be appreciated other than go to Facebook and grovel for acceptance. I certainly can't believe that the only radio tech out there that's worth anything is in New Mexico.

JD

Timin770 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  11. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I can not speak for his work, but...

I have heard Hardrive numerous times in DX land. His audio was always crystal clear and razor sharp IMO..
    I checked his FB page and what not, he does seem a bit anal with his policies. They are his policies so you can abide by them or find someone else I guess plenty of choices out there.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.