marten transport- A+ company to drive for

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by tmellen58, May 5, 2007.

1. tvaldez

tvaldez Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Brownwood,TX
    Well lets hope for the best with any trucking co for the good

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.

No, did everything in a timely mannor. Only had one issue where I was late but they took fault because they put the wrong delivery time and showed it to them on the QC. FM was really happy with me and liked how I worked. Said he was sorry to see me go and understood that a family emergency was a family emergency but if I ever wanted he would be more than happy to have me back on his board. Did everything as he asked, dropped the truck off unladen in Dallas did all the paper work, turned in my prepass and left the truck spotless. The shop guy's or the next driver didn't even have to do any cleaning at all. Kept everything wipped down made sure everythign was up to par. Just wonder why they denied me. Got a copy of my DAC and see where FFE put an accident on there but show's as it happened that I was not at fault because another driver backed into the rear of my trailer while I was on break. I'm stumped as to why they wouldn't take me.

4. riddlemethis

riddlemethis Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    I would call and see if anyone would tell you why. Maybe even call your old FM and see if there's anything he could do for you. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

5. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    I agree, You need to call the VP of recruiting and ask him.

SavageSam Thanks this.
  6. SavageSam

SavageSam Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Kabar do you see CSA 2010 being bad, good or what for a driver like myself? I have a clean DMV printout, had my class A since 98, a work history with no gaps and three different employers, lived in the same house for 21 years and NO "OTR" exp. I'm probably going to go with a Co. that everyone is telling me not to just to get my exp.

7. SavageSam

SavageSam Medium Load Member

Feb 7, 2009
    What am I saying! For that matter, what IS CSA 2010? I have no clue?

8. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    google CSA 2010, you will get a lot of hits. Basically it's safety stats for co's and drivers now. There are a number of categories that you can be penalized in. They look at the past 34 months, so if you have bad stats, you can forget about driving until it clears up. From the estimates I have heard, 175k - 200k drivers are in jeopardy of being unfit to drive.

SavageSam Thanks this.
  9. ann2009

ann2009 Medium Load Member

Jun 30, 2009
    USA
    we are thinking of going over to marten to apply..Sounds like a great company..

10. telcobilly

telcobilly Medium Load Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Laying Low
    I don't have anything bad to say about Marten, only a word of caution. They have zero tolerance for mishaps. I bumped an intermodal container in my first week of employment and was released. I should have GOAL'ed, just take this as a cautionary tale if you have been o/o or from a more lax carrier.

11. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    This is true. Your first 90 days, you scratch anything and you are done. After that they let up a little bit. But not much. Talked with a ex-new driver Friday at the Forest Park Ga. term. Just got the truck the day before. Scratched another trucks mirror on the way out. They brought him back and fired him. They don't play with this. If you can't drive with out hitting things then this is not the company for you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.