marten transport- A+ company to drive for

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by tmellen58, May 5, 2007.

1. Keendriver

Keendriver Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    I don't know what "I am a million miler with done and done it in 5 years" means.Are you saying you did 1 million miles in 5 yrs?Is that really what you want to try to sell here? 3800+ a week EVERY WEEK for 5 years???
    Hey,I'm just askin........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dynosaur

dynosaur Light Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Let's see...365 X 5 = 1,825
    1,000,000 / 1,825 = 548

Soooo, SuperTrucker has driven around 550 MILES EVERY DAY FOR 5 YEARS!!

What a work ethic this guy has! Truly, lostheart is one awesome driver. You are MY HERO!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  4. lostheart

lostheart Light Load Member

Hi all and thank all of you for reading my posts, I know its hard to believe that someone can actually the work ethic I say I have but there are some who go above and beyound the call of duty. I am not a super-trucker by any means if I am treated right I give a 100% to everything I do. Yes I made alot of sacrafices and lost alot of valueable(sp sorry) time with my daughtor which I can never get back as she is grown and in the military now, but at the time I time I thought I was doing the right thing. Marten to me was an excellent company to work for I made some stupid mistakes without thinking about the outcome that is the only reason I am not there now. All I ask is before you fellow drivers start judgeing other people, please be willing to walk a mile in their shoes....Remember there is only 1 person who can really judge us and he is not on this Earth.......Thank you all and get the job done safely and quickly......By the way Im a woman

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  5. Keendriver

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    I don't think it's a case of judging you.You made a claim of 1000000 miles in 5 yrs and that seems a BIT high.I wouldn't ever question anyones work ethic that I did not know personally, but this claim seems a little far fetched.
    Plain and simple do you stand by it?

6. lostheart

My actual miles 1,021,000 yes I am standing by it, called HR this afternoon to verify it and evan Diane A. said if I had stayed with them I would have been put in the club in 2008. I averaged between 200,000-220,000 or more depended on how much time I took off which was 2 days every 6 months. Looking at my old logbooks and paystubs best I can figure in 4.5 years I took 2 weeks off work. Ask me if getting burnt out and loseing everything was worth it no it wasn't. Im the type when I accept an assignment go ahead and put the money in the bank its a done deal.

Jimmy P Thanks this.
  7. dynosaur

Jan 3, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, let's do some more math. Let's take the average of your average:

210,000 divided by 365 is 575 miles a day which is around 12 hrs drive time, which is 84 hrs. a week drive time, and let's just say 15 hrs. load/unload comes to 99 hrs. a week, EVERY week, for FIVE straight years. Never, during that five years, except for this first 5 or 6 days were you running a legal logbook. Now you want us to believe that Crete is going to honor you by posting your name up for everyone to see, to celebrate five solid years of running illegal. Oh there would be celebrations alright---in just about every law firm handling Personal Injury lawsuits. You really can't see why some of us have a little problem with your numbers?

8. dynosaur

Jan 3, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    I understand the concept of walking a mile in your shoes [moccasins, to be correct] before we judge you...But you're asking us to walk over a MILLION miles in those thar puppies!!!

9. Keendriver

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    It was Marten

10. Keendriver

Mar 27, 2009
    Big Blue Truck
    Well we have come to an impasse.I simply don't believe your claim.
    But I wish you all the best.
    Now let's get back to hearing from all those happy Marten drivers.

11. lostheart

well gentelmen believe what you wish but I got the jacket and hat,and they dont give those out and also when I left Marten had the choice of flying or the gray dog, I chose the plane and did not get charged for it but I did get charged 45$ for getting my excess stuff shipped home FED EX... also your math is a little only 2 of those years were spent in 65mph truck the rest o/o also by the way 85% of my loads were either dropped at drop yards or at the different terminals because I was always early my avg miles 6 out of 7 days was around 750-800 a day I ran my butt off and really don't have to prove anything to anyone except myself that is the main lesson I learned running myself ragged just so they could make the stockholders happy and yep I still own about 1750 shares in Marten stock after all I'm not stupid they are makeing money

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.