marten transport- A+ company to drive for

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by tmellen58, May 5, 2007.

1. satmantoo

satmantoo Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    somerset ky
    Your right, impossible to run a million miles in five years, also this driver states he has been a driver for 4 years....some people like to come on here, pretend to be drivers and just stir up BS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Yea because you do good to do 150k miles a year under team operation these day's. I think I'm fixing to put my app. in with them sense I am eligable for rehire. I never had any problems there. I had a ####### FM. Can't remember which fleet it was but I believe is was fleet 5.

4. knighton5

knighton5 Heavy Load Member

Nov 19, 2006
    Rose City
    Is Marten hiring O/O again? A couple months ago they had a freeze, unless your a company drvr.

5. Skunk_Truck_2590

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    I worked for them for a short time before I had to come off the road because of family issues but they were taking O/O's when I was at Forest Park. There were two of them there. Yea, I was company.

6. QuoteWarz Insurance

QuoteWarz Insurance Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Ya, a million miles in 5 years is impossible really. I mean 200k a year would be like killing yourself every week and don't think anyone would last at that pace.

7. Indian_chief

Indian_chief Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2010
    METRO
  8. Skunk_Truck_2590

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Put in my app. with them again and was denied rehire. Asked what was preventing the rehire and they couldn't give me a reason.

9. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Sorry to hear that Skunk, Did you have any issues with them before? Any problems? Piss your FM off? Not run hard? P/u-del late more then once? Not get service done on time? Anything? They are being very picky right now. They have full classes at all the terms and 20-30% off those never make it to Thursday.

10. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    It varies depending on experience of driver and length of haul. OTR or Reg.

11. riverwolf

riverwolf Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2010
    mississippi
    hi everyone, marten A+ company? well, the reasons i stay with marten? 9out of 10 del/pu's is warehouse's. out of 7 years i unloaded 3 trlrs. I have no complaints about the health ins. wife uses it all the time. oh and, the checks don't bounce, LOL
    I use to tell drivers about the $50 for every day missed hometime, but they took that away. that was the one BIG thing that set them higher than the other big companies.
    They are going paperless logs by june. nice to have but does hurt the drive time in traffic jams. :-(
    if you follow their rules. You will find a great place to work. always be friendly on the phone, and they will bend over backwards for you in the office.
    i see the company is trying to change with the market, and new laws coming. that is a good thing. means they are planning for the future.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.