Marten Transport Desoto Orientation

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Horizonrider, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Horizonrider

Horizonrider Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Galena Park,Texas
    Have Orientation with Marten Tuesday. How much can a driver make in a year with them. Do they keep you moving or are you sitting alot? Thx for info

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Good luck to you. I'd like to hear a few updates when you have some time.

Pete

Horizonrider Thanks this.
  4. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Guys i hv been here 3 mnts love it greatt miles good money no problems no ####ttty

conjuntoron Thanks this.
  5. Puckdaddy

Puckdaddy Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Wow...guess our definition of great money really differs. If running your tail for 12 days and taking home grand is great, then have at it. Especially disheartening once you realize that 45% of what they pay is per diem you would have gotten back as a tax deduction anyway...been at Marten since FEB ....one week over $800...Indy to Billings to MN to NY...It took 3600 miles to take home $800...UGH!

6. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    So how much are they now charging drivers per week to be on forced perdeim?
    Ask any Tax person, most will tell you perdiem is bad, and to run away. We can already claim $59.00 per day, for each day we are away from home.
    Oh I hear tell , that now any marten driver who makes a negative comment about marten on any social media page, will be terminated. Talked with a fairly new driver the other day, and he says he go a msg, saying the employee hand pbook, had been amended, to state that.
    So not only is marten screwing their drivers on money, they are now taking their right to free speech away.

7. Puckdaddy

Puckdaddy Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Marten pays 16 cents per mile in perdium. It's capped at $1435/month. I believe this is. the most that a company can pay out. It lowers current taxes but it also lowers Social Security ...assuming its still around at retirement age..and it nullifies the deduction you would usually get at tax time.

8. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And it affects your imcome status when applying for loans

Horizonrider Thanks this.
  9. Puckdaddy

Puckdaddy Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2013
  10. kennithsemidriver

kennithsemidriver Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Don't do it , they are big scam , they screw drivers and cut money from their paycheck ,, you have to keep tracing all what you do otherwise you will miss a lot loads , detention time , layover but if when you talk the dispatcher will force you out ,, their policy is to screw at least $500 from each driver every week to help the company in fuel and the truck payment , This basically , like the driver is working as owner operator , I have never meet any happy driver in Marten
    . over half of them trying to leave and just waiting for the right moment. the other half just give up as they said they are too old to go some where else.

11. kennithsemidriver

kennithsemidriver Bobtail Member

Sep 11, 2013
    this is really bad,,
    Don't do it , they are big scam , they screw drivers and cut money from their paycheck ,, you have to keep tracing all what you do otherwise you will miss a lot loads , detention time , layover but if when you talk the dispatcher will force you out ,, their policy is to screw at least $500 from each driver every week to help the company in fuel and the truck payment , This basically , like the driver is working as owner operator , I have never meet any happy driver in Marten
    . over half of them trying to leave and just waiting for the right moment. the other half just give up as they said they are too old to go some where else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.