Marten Transport earnings nearly double as expenses fall

Discussion in 'Marten' started by Cybergal, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Marten Transport earnings nearly double as expenses fall
    1/28/09

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckermario

truckermario Road Train Member

Sep 24, 2006
    What do they know that most other trucking companies don't?:biggrin_2554:

A lot of companies have hiring freezes, but Marten is one of the companies that don't.

I'm going to get back into Marten's good graces and get rehired by them if it's the last thing I do.:biggrin_255:

4. CA_Medicine_Woman

CA_Medicine_Woman Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Oak Creek, WI
    I am sooo glad I listened when HR told me not to quit. Things got very lean and very tight for a while there, but it now appears worth it to have gutted out the rough times (which aren't over quite yet).

A bit of a warning, though: Marten is very strict about logs, accidents, and idling. They have a set way of doing things that isn't for everyone. Those who run safe, legal, on time, and act professionally usually do well.

5. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    been laughing my butt off, cause at another forum from a company based out of Spronfield,MO. They are saying that Marten is being bought out, and or going under.

Yet Marten reported yet another great 3 months.

6. CA_Medicine_Woman

CA_Medicine_Woman Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Oak Creek, WI
    Yeah, that rumor has been around awhile. Another company in Wisconsin, Martin Transportation (note the spelling), is the one that went under. That little detail doesn't seem to matter with the rumor mill, though.

Oh well, if I haven't heard a good rumor by 10:00 am, I start one just to see what version comes back to me at the end of the day, lol.

7. truckinusa

truckinusa Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Ponca City, OK
    Heard a guy on Dave Nemo call in and say that they are sitting you all the time. The recruiter totally avoided the question why he isn't getting any miles. They run ads that say their drivers get great miles and the recruiter said "Well that driver is getting those miles because he is on a dedicated run." Not my kind of company. I don't like Prime either. Oh and I bet the reason they are spending less is they probably cut wages.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  8. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    Well I'm thinking of jumping over to Marten and I have talked with 10 differen drivers. They all say that they are gettin good miles and always get home on-time. As for wages, if they cut them it was in the office. 2 years ago the offered me .39 and that is still what I will get if I go over.

pikr4321 Thanks this.
  9. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    I have heard that they will hire out of Vermont? will they get me home every two weeks or every week? I am trying to find a job that pays well, nice truck, good dispatcher etc.......anyone help me is MArten for me>

10. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    They have a guarantied home time program. If they don't get you home on the day that you want they PAY YOU $50 every day you are out past that. From what I have heard they are really good at getting you home. They run a 5-1 vs a 6-1 like most companies.

pikr4321 Thanks this.
  11. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    What does the 5-1 mean ( not to be stupid here..) and where did i see a buy out?? when are u goin gto Marten?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.