Marten Transport- Money monkeys

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by BobChasinTail, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Exactly. The Money Monkeys are at it again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jmcdaniel0

Jmcdaniel0 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Hey bud I am considering taking a dedicated run from white pine tin to sterlings heights mi. How are things over at Marten these days?

4. Globalman65

Globalman65 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    What makes you believe the shipper pays for it. First of all prior to booking any load that Maten does it negotiates the rate. Never ever delay due to not obtaining that customer. The delay pay if paid at all will come from them. The majority of there contracted accounts excludes any of that. Why do you think there are several law suites against them from employees for not paying what was promised. I spent almost 24 yrs at Marten and seen first hand how it works from within.

5. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    E4C7D72F-0A54-4CB1-9C33-3496E77A2C89.jpeg F53C558B-2030-4503-B6AB-DE29405A3EB3.jpeg Well aren’t we just a big ol ray of sunshine?
    24 years with the company and you can’t look at the brighter side of things?
    Barely 24 hours after automatic detention pay went into effect I’m already getting detention pay on stops doing Walmart dedicated loads.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  6. Globalman65

Globalman65 Bobtail Member

May 1, 2017
    Just trying to give you the actual facts. Although I did enjoy my 23.8 yrs there. Finally left after seeing what was being planned by Randy and Martens future and the degrading of what was once a truly premiere Trucking comapny..Good luck to you.

7. pigsooie

pigsooie Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2013
    MJD4277 So Marten just bought you a happy meal lmao. No milage pay increase? 0.39cpm running Walmart DC's & Mini sleeper's. how many drivers going to bite on that recruiting propaganda... LMAO!

8. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Actually I drive a full-size condo sleeper since I’m OTR (help truck working out of Tomah)and I’m up to 0.47 cpm(with the potential to go up even further based on productivity). Not the best but certainly not the worst either.
    And yet you’re on here and you’ve already griped about SRT’s issues (which realistically,they have a much worse reputation on their good days than what Marten has on their bad days).

9. pigsooie

Jan 25, 2013
    I have my opinions about SRT that's correct. One thing I can say is I have zero problems getting the miles. And on top of that, my home time is 100% guaranteed and I can bank my days off.

10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That's fine that Marten has a "detention pay model", but don't deceive yourself into thinking they actually collect detention from shipper or receiver, just because the driver sees a little bit. Furthermore, if you actually see a detention fee collected from a shipper or receiver and compare that amount to what they paid you, you'll be sick for a week.

But with "guaranteed detention" (such as it is), comes an expectation to MOVE when there is time to move. No trashing around. If you sleep 12 hours instead of ten and arrive an hour late a time or two, my guess is you quickly end up on the "crap list" and those nickel and dime "detention pays" will never offset the crappy miles and crappy loads they have an abundance of.

Marten has simply created a gimmick to maintain an illusion they somehow are a great company to work for. Like their "pay to sit during snow/ice events" Seems good on paper, but the reality is it probably hurts more than it helps.

MachoCyclone and VerifiedInsane Thank this.
  11. pigsooie

Jan 25, 2013
    STexan..you nailed it! Marten has also lost so many vet & team drivers within the last year due to Intermodal it's just unreal. Marten has become a JB Hunt Clone! Wannabe!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.