Marten Transportation SUCKS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by shdwman, Feb 24, 2009.

1. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    It's been good the last couple weeks. I got 3000 miles this past week, and about 2500 last week. I just got in for hometime yesterday and going to take 3 days off after running 16 days. :smt023

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scooby&eeyore2008

scooby&eeyore2008 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Yeah its so great for you because you are either one of the many low pay drivers. Give them time, everything starts out great and then once they know that they got you and you are not going to leave and then they well start to pull all the games with you. Just watch out. You well see what all of us are saying about Marten giving all the problems.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  4. scooby&eeyore2008

scooby&eeyore2008 Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2010
    Everythign I am saying on here about how bad Marten Transport is I have all the proof for my husband and my father. Since Marten Transport screwed both of them over. I also know two other drivers that I can get all their paper work showing how they were screwed over by Marten.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  5. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    I didn't mention in my last post that if my mom or dad or family member was put in ICU and before BFI even thought of routing me away from home or their 10-20 their POS truck would be parked in a secure place, and because I didn't load a truck up with a lot of crap that woun't fit in my one large bag or carry on bag then it'll be left in the truck and I'll be on a flight home!

That's what that one credit card is there in your wallet that you don't use except for that get the heck home emerency or when you decide to quit working for BFI! BFI might have an excuse of keeping the truck rolling but in these cases screw them! That dispatcher can fall all over her/his knees KMA but there is NO way in hell Martin or any other BFI will keep me from a family members side when I'm needed.

In this case you should have taped a steel rod to your back! When that first dispatch came in heading in any other direction than straight in a line to their side the next message to that moron FM or whatever you want to call it would have been "the closest terminal on my route towards home with an airport is such and such thats where I'm heading in 30 minutes which should give you enough time to find a load heading to where it is you needed to go!"
    In 30 minutes and you get that BS message to hold on send the next message as such: "Sorry, you fail at this emerency. Truck is now heading to so and so. I'll contact you when I arrive there, I've booked flight # that leaves at X time sorry gotta go!"
    Watch that QC catch on fire! But stand to your horse! This company has proven that they don't give a crap about you! Get the truck to where you need to be and go home! If need be, take pictures of these messages to send to the next prospective employer while you fight with hirerigh to get BS removed from their BFI information! BUT go home!
    Also be prepared for the "we'll call the highway patrol and report the truck as stolen message!" In that case hang the keyboard out the window and head to the nearest town with an airport or car rental and park the truck at either a truck stop and go in and offer to PAY a parking charge , get the receipt, and go home OR because you know you're not going to get a final pay check go to a wrecker company and ask to park it in their secure lot and BFI will get in touch with them later and let BFI get what they deserve! Yes, you'll get slammed on that DAC but this one company is noted for that anyway! Besides you CAN prove that even thought you "abandoned" that junker it WAS in a VERY secure location!

dukeofearl and Lonesome Thank this.
  6. traveler2361

traveler2361 Light Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Alhambra CA
    A former employer pulled that on me years ago so I parked it at a CHP location and told them what happened. The chippies had a great laugh at the company's idiocy.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  7. 2smiths

2smiths Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2010
    Portland, Oregon
    I was hired in June 2010 In August 2010 I let Marten know 4 weeks in advance that I had a DR. apptment and lab work. My doctor needed to review my medication. They said ok but did not get me home. I called them and called them still I did not get home. I went 4 days without medication and this was while I w as driving the truck which is very dangerous I could pass out. I told them this too. Still I was not allowed to go home to my regular doctor. 10 days too late my doctor could not see me. It takes 35 days to get in to see him. I am finally at home and I have not choice but to go to the ER to medication. I get the meds for only 30 days. I let Marten know they said we got you DR. date on the books and we will get you home this time. Well gues what . .I did not get home this time they kept me out 4 days late. The doctor could not see me. I call the company and let them know and reminded them of what they had done the last 2 apptment times and that I would be staying home until I saw my doctor.

Now I am back to work driving for Marten and my mother gets really sick and is admitted to ICU. I get call from family she most likely will not live much longer. I qual company and call them stating I must go home as soon as I can my mother is dying. The stated no problem. Well . .you guessed they did not send me home. I was kept out driving for another 12 days. My mother died while I was driving for this company. The family said that she kept calling for me too.

Now it is September 20, 2010 I am under a load heading for GA. Dispatcher calls and says there is something wrong with the load go to terminal in Chester, VA. I go there and they call me in and fire me. Then they said we are keeping your last payroll because you owe us money due a 6 month trial service agreement to pay back money for my orientation expesenes. They further state that they can not pay for my way home nor put me under a load to get me home, there is a terminal in my home town. I had to give away my microwave, truck cooler, leave all my bedding and some of my clothing because I had no money to ship it home. I had to borrow money from several people to get a ticket to go home. Now Chester, VA is out in the middle of nothing no bus no train no plain. I asked if they could drive me to Richmond, VA where the train station is 20 miles away. They told me to get lost.

DRIVERS PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY. :biggrin_2555:

8. BigKid2

BigKid2 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Indiana
    What was the reason they gave you for firing you? When I worked there I was in Ontario one time at the terminal and a lady came in that had been with them 6 years. She lived in Green Bay,Wi and when her hometime was up they gave her a load out of Wisconsin to California and told her to see the terminal manager when she got there. They fired her for accidentally putting low sulfur fuel in instead of ulsd. She had to ship all her stuff home and take a bus and she had alot of stuff to ship. Why could they not have told her while she was at home so she could clean out the truck and take it to Mondovi? That is when I decided they did not care for the drivers and from that point forward I kept at least $1000 available to get me home if they did that to me.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  9. mightymike

mightymike Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Southeast,USA
    I'm sorry about your loss and treatment while at Marten.

When I signed up to this forum I intentionally made made my hometown vague. (I think I have the Southeast or something.) I also don't detail other specifics that could pin point who I am, so that I can say what I want to say without worry of retaliation.

Marten is a big company, but how many drivers do they have who fit the details you've listed? You would be easy to pin point, and they could have your read your posts here, and fired you for them.

To anyone else reading this: When you complain about a company you are currently working for, assume they can Google it. Put specific loads, paycheck amounts, hire date, hometown, and other personal info that is traceable at your own risk.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  10. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And certainly don't try to complain on thier Facebook Page set up by Recruiting. They will delete it, then you get a msg to call Tim Norlan, where he tells you to stop bashing Marten, in not so many words.And if you continue to do so, you will see your miles drop lower, and lower. As well as the company digging deeper and watching you closer, to find a reason to get rid of you.
    Well gee maybe people wouldn't bash them on the 'net' if they would pay attention to what they are doing to drivers, then wonder why thier turn over rate is so high.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  11. mightymike

mightymike Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Southeast,USA
    They screw you coming and going, and get their hire money back if you don't stay longer than 6 months. That's their answer to quick turn over. The idea of mutually beneficial is foreign to them.

dukeofearl Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.